Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legion

1. Best thing she's ever been in, and I quite liked Parks and Rec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. I'm honestly not too interested in how Legion ties into the comic at this point, honestly. It's so completely different that any parallels are more like light reference than actual spoilers. Honestly, as different as it is it might as well be its own original series rather than borrowing the New Mutants/X-Men franchise.

Enjoying the show far more than I expected to. It's definitely a pleasant surprise.

3. I think playing the connections with a light hand makes it more interesting, vs. something like Mutant X where they're totally cut off from any wider world and the gap shows. Being able to use the comics as shorthand for certain ideas means we're not spending entire episodes on Why Do People Here Have Weird Powers, we just take the Comic book mutant concept as-read and get on with things.

It helps that it's a vastly better show than anything else Marvel or Fox has put together so far.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 15 Mar 2017 at 10:27 AM.

4. GODDAMN this show. That silent film section was amazing
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

jeezuz thats a fucked up way to die.

6. So you guys know what I like, would I dig this? I'm a little over the "mental illness is a magical power!" trope, but if it's deeper than that I'll give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. It's a lot deeper than that. You'd dig it, the visuals would make you quite happy.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. It's more akin to Hannibal than Netflix Super Hero Show.

9. Can I watch this if I don't care to watch other super hero stuff? I've seen like two Iron Men and Guardians of the Galaxy.

10. Professor X might exist in the world, that's the total of what you'd need to know.