Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Disney Afternoon Collection

I just (finally) started Shovel Knight when I got the Switch. It's so good, fucking pogo for days.

2. Shovel Knight is really good, and all the free DLC makes it a deal at any price.

This collection looks really cool. I'd like more games like The Little Mermaid, like OP mentioned. I loved that game as a kid.

3. The MM Legacy Collection is nice on Steam, at least with gsync, so I'll probably grab this there.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    The MM Legacy Collection is nice on Steam, at least with gsync, so I'll probably grab this there.
    You really need gsync for Mega Man?

5. He just wanted to brag about his gsync, give him a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    He just wanted to brag about his gsync, give him a break.
    I guess it could possibly help with input lag or something?

Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    Adventures in the Magic Kingdom seems difficult at first, but once you get the trick for each level it's actually a fairly easy game. I'm sure if you played it today, you would be able to beat it without too much of a problem.
    I was a dumb young fool that fell into the trap of Adventures in the Magical Kingdom. I think I'd get any licensed trash, but I was on a roll with Rescue Rangers and Duck Tales.

What I hated about Magical Kingdom is that because it's all those mini-games, it's hit or miss whether they're fun or not. I remember hating it because I'd work so hard to get to the final stage with one life and get game over immediately. Having to go through all the crappy parts of the game again. I should replay it just for the hell of it, huh?

Even worse was the Muppets Adventure game, which is basically the same concept but each mini-game is shittier than the last... Somehow watching playthroughs on Youtube validates someplace deep in my heart when I get confirmation of how terrible a game I remember being.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Son of Bryce View Post
    You really need gsync for Mega Man?
    Emulation is a pretty good case for it, with the framerates locked to random old hardware frequencies.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    He just wanted to brag about his gsync, give him a break.
    i mean only a little

8. Ended up watching a couple of 'challenge level' videos on Mega Man Legacy Collection, picked it up on PSN (I love that sort of thing).

Any lag is negligible on my TV, I'm happy to report! The challenge levels are pretty great (leaderboards!), and being able to select boss fights from their 'gallery mode' portraits is a cool touch. I beat the MM2 Dragon right off the bat. Super nice presentation all around, if that's the level of polish they're bringing to this Disney Afternoon collection I expect it's going to be very good.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 20 Mar 2017 at 07:06 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Shovel Knight is really good, and all the free DLC makes it a deal at any price.
    ...but it's a shame that it'll take so much time to port it to so very, very many platforms. I've had to talk myself out of re-re-re-rebuying it on Switch to get the new content a couple of times now!

10. I think that's some kind of limited exclusivity deal with N, all the other platforms get Specter of Torment on the same day. (for free!)