Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing Spring 2017?

1. Just watched Psycho. Cool flick--has a real Brian De Palma-style Hitchcockian aesthetic.

2. Tanks for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. For Honor - this game was not on my radar but I watched a few videos and gave it a try. I think it is extraordinary. The combat is genuinely fresh and it looks great. I've been playing a little every day. The skill ceiling seems pretty high so I'm not sweating it a whole lot.

Ghost Recon Wildlands - as I said in the other thread this game combines a bunch of stuff I irrationally love. Like open world jungles, knocking down crime syndicates, and collecting random junk across said jungle.

Gears of War 4 - yea it's a Gears game, good thing I like these. But why am I fighting robots?

4. Been picking at Thimbleweed Park between other stuff. The retro feel is pretty legit, and it's really an exceptionally well designed adventure for something so old-school. Tons of crap to pick up, but the puzzles are mostly pretty logical.

The dialog writing is a bit disappointing. It's very corny in a way that seems deliberate, but it isn't funny, despite being very jokey. Near-constant fourth wall breaking in never as hilarious as they seem to think it should be.

5. Trails in the Sky the 3rd (PC)
    Day one. It feels quite different in mood than FC & SC, especially after the Prologue is finished. Some new turn bonuses like Rush (same character/enemy takes 2 turns) are added, and you can now use Vanish against enemies. As expected, JDK comes up with another great soundtrack.

6. Replaying Borderlands 2. I love this game so much
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Started cross playing Stardew Valley on the Alpha (when at home) and the GPD Win (when at work). Having put over 10 hours into it, I was really getting into it. But I've had it freeze on me a couple of times on both machines. Since you don't spend a lot of time between saves, it didn't bother me that much. But I was saving a bunch of geodes and energy replenishing fruit until I had a perfect storm of a rainy day and extra luck. Had 16 geodes processed into good shit at the blacksmith and then had a great run in the mines, only for the game to freeze as I was about to call it quits for the day.
    Fuck this game, fuck modern gaming, fuck me.

8. The talk of FMV games spurred me to purchase a new one --The Late Shift. Decent production values and pacing. I think there are a couple hundred "choices" in the game, with 14 potential chapters, and 7 different endings. I've played through it twice....things didn't end well for the protagonist. An entertaining diversion for $10.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

9. Battle Brothers is fun as shit. It's like the overworld/progression of Mount & Blade with tactics combat a la Heroes of Might and Magic or King's Bounty.

My life is really dark right now and I needed something like this to fall into. I recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet View Post
    The talk of FMV games spurred me to purchase a new one --The Late Shift. Decent production values and pacing. I think there are a couple hundred "choices" in the game, with 14 potential chapters, and 7 different endings. I've played through it twice....things didn't end well for the protagonist. An entertaining diversion for $10.
    This looks pretty cool, I might check it out sometime.