Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9111213

Thread: What are you playing Spring 2017?

1. Yeah, I did, there was a complete bundle on sale for $12.50.

It's weird how some terms aren't in the guide at all. What, for example, does a "worked tile" mean exactly? Specifically something in one of my cities I improved? Or does a tile I turned into a road outside my territory qualify as a tile I "worked" and then have access to its resources?

And the amount of systems they chuck you into is giving me the bends. Should've figured out the benefits of spreading religion before I made mine a spiritual state!

Still, sink or swim with a the floatation device of a (usually) helpful guide is preferable to a thorough, up-front explanation of everything.

2. What are you playing Spring 2017?

If you look at the city view you can see what tiles your citizens are on. You can move them around to tweak production in your city. That's what a worked tile means.

Like if you have one tile with one food (apples?) and one with three that means a citizen on that tile will generate more food for your city. That's what farms or mines or whatever do.

You can work any tiles in the city boundary. Roads are a separate improvement.

Conker: Live and Reloaded on the Xbox. Is the remake worse than the original or are my good memories of this game a sham? I'll have to go back to make sure later. I'm not hating it but it is awkward.

4. Graphically the remake was better, the censoring of the dialogue ruined that version.

Gameplay wise it was actually slightly improved as the shooting sections were playable. So yeah the game was always kind of crappy.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Arkanoid vs. Space Invaders (iOS) - This one is better than it has any business being. The touch control and vertical format makes it a great fit for mobile, and I love the general concept. I'm definitely playing favorites with character unlocks though. I've only unlocked Bob and Iron Fossil, because those are the only ones I like, special powers be damned. Hopefully there are more good ones later on. I'm through I think 45 stages of 150.

Batman: The Telltale Series (PC) - Based on reviews, I seem to like this more than many people so far. I don't mind the more even split between Batman and Bruce Wayne screen time, and the unique take on the family history is pretty interesting. I am definitely making choices Bruce would make, as opposed to ones that I would personally make. Maybe they'll make a sequel starring JP Valley so I can do things more naturally.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS) - I'm somewhere north of 50 hours in this, and I feel like Everest still sits in front of me. I've only freed one Divine Beast, finished something like 40 shrines, and have a pile of side quests open. I'm not sure what the most efficient approach is, but I basically try to figure out where the towers are, head toward them, and clean up stuff along the way. From the towers, I mark stuff I can see to make sure I don't miss it. It's definitely the best Zelda game since II. It's too bad the shrines to switch to side scrolling as an homage.

I need to pick something and stick to it in the Blast City. I've been swapping games instead of making any real progress there lately.

6. Turok 2 - yeah...I never finished it so I got the PC remaster

Prey - I love this style of game

Danger Zone - Burnout 3 crash mode. Pretty good