Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 57891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing Spring 2017?

The most fun I had with them was trading them in.

2. I never went in for Rock Band, the diminishing returns from Guitar Hero 3 kinda put me off of the things. I goddamn adored GH2 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I started Breath of Fire IV this week. This game might have the best-animated sprites on the PS1. Saturn-tier.

Too bad it's bogged down by awful mini-games, awkward camera angles, and an RNG-based skill-acquisition system that encourages repeated guarding until the enemy 1. uses the skill you want 2. on the character you want to learn it and 3. the dice that determine whether the skill sticks roll your way. I remember the combat picking up once you're able to tag characters in and out, but I don't remember the mini-games letting up. I'm not sure how long this is going to last--I'm out of the habit of committing to games for whom my love is any less than absolute.

BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 16 May 2017 at 04:46 PM.

4. It really does.

It'd be nice if we saw a community pop up around rom-hacking 32/64-bit gen games like we have around 8 and 16. There's a lot of stuff that could really benefit from some sanding of rough edges.

Started playing RE7 yesterday. It's a good game and the bones of the thing are definitely a close relative of RE1, but I'm not so on board with the boring character design and the first-person perspective that makes the protagonist a pair of floating hands. I understand the want to reboot after 5 and 6 kind of flying off the rails story-wise, but ennnnh, striking character designs have always been a huge part of Capcom's appeal for me, this ho-hum realistic stuff is borderline traitorous.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 16 May 2017 at 04:16 PM.

5. I've played about 10 hours of Fallout 4 on the PC. The PC version is way buggier than the PS4 game. I've had raiders' bodies disappear after the fight was over and my character fall through the concrete of a bridge, landing on the ground 20 feet below. The best one was yesterday. I ran into a merchant named Fred O'Connell with a mercenary following him. The merchant didn't have his Brahmin carrying his goods with him, so I thought that was kind of strange. So, I run around the corner and notice a dead mercenary, 2 dead brahmin and the corpse of good old Fred.....WTF?!

6. I finally cracked open my C64c setup to play a few games. I decided to play some of the old arcade ports to see how they've held up and also to see if my 2600 trackball would work with arcade games that used a trackball. Centipede worked very well, while Crystal Castles didn't work at all. I was trying to find my copy of Millipede, but I have so many disks with generic names like Arcade games V that make it quite hard to figure out what is on those disks without doing a catalog.

You're risking the disks without ripping them to a HD?
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

8. Playing Skyrim again on PS4. Man, I forgot how massive this game is and the DLC makes it even more massive. I'll probably be playing this for the rest of the year. :P

9. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    You're risking the disks without ripping them to a HD?
    I've had these disks since the 80's and have been playing them just about every year since then. It's not like I can just rip a copy of a game that hasn't been cracked and I have multiple copies of the ones that have been cracked.

I've been thinking about getting one of these.
    Last edited by gamevet; 29 May 2017 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    It really does.

It'd be nice if we saw a community pop up around rom-hacking 32/64-bit gen games like we have around 8 and 16. There's a lot of stuff that could really benefit from some sanding of rough edges.

Started playing RE7 yesterday. It's a good game and the bones of the thing are definitely a close relative of RE1, but I'm not so on board with the boring character design and the first-person perspective that makes the protagonist a pair of floating hands. I understand the want to reboot after 5 and 6 kind of flying off the rails story-wise, but ennnnh, striking character designs have always been a huge part of Capcom's appeal for me, this ho-hum realistic stuff is borderline traitorous.
    Click for full size

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images