Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing Spring 2017?

1. I've started playing Fallout 4 on the PC. I did a 100% completion of the game on the PS4. I was expecting the graphics of the game to be slightly better than the PS4 version, but outside of the higher frame-rate of the PC game, the visuals are pretty much identical. Still, I've put in over 1.5 hours into the PC version, and felt compelled to continue with the story. Fallout 4 is such a great game.

*Edit

*It turns out that their is a 4k texture patch for the game. I'm having a hard time getting it to download though.
    Last edited by gamevet; 06 May 2017 at 05:57 PM.

Sniper Elite III

Just beat it. Man am I glad I did not pay 60 for this. It is a beautiful game. And I applaud them for rendering lots of period correct equipment. But man is the game play some ps1 tier shit. Snipe, go back 40 feet, come back 40 feet, wash, repeat.

3. Crypt of the Necrodancer. This is a clever little game! Kind of a rhythm-based Mystery Dungeon--you can only take actions that coincide with the beat of the BGM. It's a little gimmicky, sure, but there's some solid design in here. Progression is often where these games falter, but CotN handles it well: you retain diamonds even in death, which can be redeemed to upgrade the items you stand to gain or the frequency thereof in your next run, buy more permanent HP, add new tiers to your gold multiplier, etc. Though the game is as brutal as any Shiren, there's usually a small door prize accompanying each honest crack at a zone.

Because you'll be tapping the d-pad hundreds (thousands?) of times per session, this is best-played on that most tap-friendly d-pad, the Vita's.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    this is best-played on that most tap-friendly d-pad, the Vita's.
    costanzabat.jpg

5. I've finally started playing Breath of the Wild. Not sure how I'm going to like a fully open-world Zedla but, so far so good I guess.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

6. I've been playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands with friends and it's a lot of fun even if you do the same thing over and over again (scout and snipe). But holy shit is it buggy. I know Ubisoft, but geez. Glitching missions that either work in your favor (no enemies appear) or bug out so bad that they don't work. Crazy character/model glitches (frozen characters, missing characters, helicopter blades that don't spin) and calling in vehicals can be a total crap shoot. Respawning "next to" your teammates can also be wishful thinking.

Picked up Mirror's Edge 2 on the cheap on the last xbox sale and it's pretty awesome. Big fan of the first and I like all the additions they made for this. Once you get into the flow and everything clicks together like they want it to, it's an absolute rush. Dodge performance on the One though. Framerate drops are really noticable.

7. I haven't had many problems with GR, not lying. Except for the respawn thing, it is weird.

8. Grabbed Endless Space for a buck back when koda(?) suggested it and it's been periodically sucking hours out of my life. The first two nights I played 9 hours which is nearly unheard of for me, even with Souls games. I'm up to turn 120 now. I was going for an expansion and peaceful victory but got too big for the computer player's liking and he started a war. I love the management of all the star systems and their jobs, the research trees and now the battles. Everything is just so polished.

Finished most of the content for Steep but have been going back for the rest, and realized they had a content pack drop. A bunch of new suits and costumes and events (including "boss battles"... right), and the first new mode of transportation: a tobaggan! It has it's moments but it's not really the first choice when going down anything particularly steep, since it's as unwieldy as it really would be at high speeds.

9. Picked up Kirby Airride and going to give it a whirl today.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. Kirby sucks.