Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2017

1. The Rangers pitching has been pretty bad, and the bats aren't helping the matter.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Jays are terrible to start the season. This is not a good sign. If it stretches out any longer it might be time to consider trading away Tulo and Martin, among others.
    Aren't the top 3 players hurt? Hard to win like that.

3. I like the Jays but I think age may be catching up with them.

I'm liking this Brewers team so far. Lost a few they should've won but I'm seeing a lot of good going on. Thames has been impressive as hell. Not only the homers but his awareness at the plate has been super sharp. Hopefully the first few weeks is a good indication of where this team is heading in the future.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. The Dodgers have been looking crappy so far too. The standings seem to be upside down right now, all across the league.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Aren't the top 3 players hurt? Hard to win like that.
    Happ and Sanchez are both out right now but its not the pitching that is the problem. Or rather it hasn't been for most of the games so far. The Jays just have not been hitting. They were like this for much of last year too but got away with it because they would score one or two runs and the pitching was good enough to make it stand up. They haven't been a super powerful offense since the playoffs 2 years ago. They have the tools to be good, but they aren't good enough right now to put the fear of god into teams like they used to. Losing Encarnacion hurts because he would sometimes get red hot and carry the team for a month, and i don't see anyone on the roster that's going to do it now. Morales has been ok replacing him but he doesn't have that parrot. I think that they need to make some unpopular moves, since they already made one by not resigning Encarnacion. Martin and Tulo need to be traded, Martin is an awesome catcher but he is a black hole at bat these days, and Tulo has never been what he was. Part of that is not hitting in Denver but it's more than that. Losing them both would be a blow to the defense but they eat up so much salary and are starting to get up there in age.

6. So how 'bout them Mets? They are getting raped by the Nats today. Thor goes out with some Lat strain after refusing to get properly checked a few days ago. The Mets are a mess.
    Last edited by raystorm; 30 Apr 2017 at 05:08 PM.

7. 23-5, sounds like some NFL bullshit right there

8. Matt Harvey with a nice 3 day suspension without pay. He may file a grievance as well. Fuck him. He hasn't been good in a long time. Mets are a mess at the moment.

9. At least Harvey gave up three homers on his game back.

The Brewers would be a lot more interesting if they would stop blowing games in the 8th and 9th innings.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

10. Mets pitching is garbage! Team is toast!