Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2017

1. 5 1/2 game lead in the division at the break. Today, 4th place. Fuck off. All the local assholes saying how they are ahead in the rebuild schedule can fuck off too.

Enjoy the Mets' sloppy second baseman. Nice decision signing that bum instead of Murphy, Alderson.

3. They are just full of great decisions lately. Finally broke that 6 game slide too.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

I can't watch Cabrera anymore. The best thing he offers is taking off the hitter's helmet after a HR as they enter the dugout, which doesn't require him being in the lineup. Trade his ass for a soft pretzel with extra mustard. I love Lagares' defense and Conforto in general. I want to see them and the kids play. I miss Jay Bruce, and I have so much respect for Curtis Granderson. To hell with the rest of the position players, including Cespedes.

edit: I like Flores on a personal level too for reasons shared I assume by most Mets fans.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 13 Aug 2017 at 02:50 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Enjoy the Mets' sloppy second baseman. Nice decision signing that bum instead of Murphy, Alderson.
    The bum had a good debut today.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

6. MLB 2017

The Mets were built around pitching. Imagine this year's DeGrom with last year's Syndegaard and oh a near MVP level performance from Conforto (did anyone see that coming)? Maybe that team isn't as good as the Dodgers but I wouldn't want to play them in a short series. Point is guys like Walker can work on a team like that.

When they all started going down the team was screwed.

7. Went to a Phillies/Mets game last week, it is amazing that Phillies managed to make the Mets looked competent.

8. I never realized my team doing so good would make me feel like such an asshole, but I really feel like one every time I post in this thread...

Another Dodgers come from behind win last night. Down 4-2 in the bottom of the ninth: Bellinger and Austin Barnes come through, followed by a bases clearing double from Yasiel Puig. Dodgers are now 51 games over .500 and 18.5 games up in the NL West. Something like 38 games up on the Giants. It's almost comical.

9. Gonna suck when they lose the NLDS. There, feel better?

10. Reminds me of the Mariners. Oakland was 102-60 I think, which in most years is "best record in MLB by several games". They were 14 games out of first place in their own division.

Of course, unlike the Dodgers, the Mariners weren't built for the postseason, they didn't have the stable of aces like the eventual champion Diamondbacks.

We'll see what happens with the Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles.