Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2017

1. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
    Mets. Ay dios mio.

They even make the Rangers look good. The Rangers are currently up 8-4 in the 6th, but I expect the Rangers bullpen to meltdown in the 8th and 9th innings.

2. Is Aaron Judge the Six Million Dollar Man or something? Every day he is hitting a HR out of the ballpark's zip code

I hated the Jay Bruce trade last year, but he has been such a pleasant surprise. What a good guy, and when he is hot, he is hot.

4. I don't know what kind of team the Rangers are this year. They started out the season very poorly, had a few streaks and then settled down to .500 ball. Then, they sweep Washington this weekend, and have beaten Houston (the best team in baseball) 2 games in a row. I don't know if Bannister and company have finally nailed down the roster, or if this is just another one of those streaks that have fooled the fans into believing this team is back on track.

What a huge inning from Blevins, Granderson, and Duda. On a day the Natinals got pasted by Atlanta, the Mets are building momentum for the head-to-head.

6. I really wish the Mets won that one game playoff last year and faced that stupid Cubs team. I was confident.

Totally agree. Meanwhile, Harvey and Walker are headed to the DL, and Syndergaard's stay has been extended. It's getting ridiculous. We're getting to close to every position starter and every starting pitcher having been on the DL, and it's June.

edit: Add Lagares to the list. How has seemingly the one guy who hasn't been on the DL, Reyes, the guy whose batting average has been on the 60-day?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 16 Jun 2017 at 03:10 PM.

8. That was one ugly game between the Dodgers and Mets yesterday. I'm just glad the Dodgers came out on top of that one. It was the first time ever that any team has hit four home runs in a single game against Clayton Kershaw! I'm not sure what the deal is, but he is giving up home runs like crazy this year. Cody Bellinger seems to be making up for that though, by hitting home runs like crazy. He's now the fastest player ever to reach 21 homers in a season, at only 51 games played.

9. Mets are done. Sell it for scrap and rebuild.

10. Man, do the Rangers have serious bullpen issues!

They were up 9-2, before Cleveland put up 13 unanswered runs.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=370626105
    Last edited by gamevet; 27 Jun 2017 at 12:22 AM.