Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: It's April....fools!

1. I was able to order the NES Classic Edition from BB last week, and it arrived on Monday. Funny to see that console - as compact as this version is - and have that controller in my hands once again. Everything looks good, I fired up some games just to get a look and then played a bunch of Dr. Mario. A number of these games, I haven't played since having the NES cart in my hands, so I'm looking forward to digging into it much more.

I also bought Graceful Explosion Machine from the Switch eShop yesterday, and that game is a blast. Really liking it so far.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Gamevet is a corporate plant, and the kid has paranoia. He lose his job by not following rules.
    Corporate plant handed him a business card from a local company and was wearing a company polo shirt. He was the manager and I was already checked out when he started talking about the C64 bundle. I believe he only paid $50 for it at a local gaming convention. I need to attend events like that when they come to town. 

I picked up Rogue One (BR) from Walmart. There were only 2 copies left. I plan on cranking up the 5.1 surround when the wife is out with her sister on Saturday.
    Last edited by gamevet; 07 Apr 2017 at 06:31 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    How the fuck is he going to lose his job by making a sale? Who the fuck is going to tell the corporate overlords?
    There was a local shop I frequented for like 15 years. They had employees on camera all the time. Even though I was a regular ID had to be shown for any card purchase, any transaction no matter how small had to be bagged, etc. The "overlord" of the place was a knob and honestly only cared about games as a business venture. Finally quit going there a few years back.

Well fuck that sack of dicks.

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Why are you using a debit card bro.
    Why not? I haven't used a credit card in 10 years and don't miss it in the slightest. I use a debit card with the MC logo and do everything I need to do, just like a CC. No interest, no payments, no risk of running up a balance.

6. That card gets compromised your bank account isn't going to have a balance. Can get awkward if it happens when the bills are due.

Where do you guys buy your comic book supplies? I have some comics and old technical documents I want to protect

8. No protection when you get hacked and your money is drained from your account.
    Yes, you will get it back. But it's not instantaneous.
    You buy things with your credit card which you pay off every month. You then accrue a decent credit score as well as whatever incentives (miles, Sony Reward bucks, whatever) for nothing additional out of pocket and best of all- whatever shenanigans may happen, happens to the credit card carrier's money, not yours.
    This is like, TNL 2005 knowledge.

9. When I gave a shit about "protecting" my comics, I came to the conclusion that it didn't matter what I got for protectors. They all have shit in them that will degrade your paper over time. So don't worry about spending big bucks on lies and marketing. Get whatever your local comic book shop sells and bear in mind you'll want to replace it all in a few years.

Its like 30 dollars in gas to the nearest comic book store. And the owner is scary and his customers are scary.

I want them for actual physical protection. Like, when I pull the book out of the bookcase, the cover doesn't come off because it is 80 years old.

I'm not chasing some kind of MIB dragon.