Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4678910 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: It's April....fools!

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    A friend and I started going deal hunting on Mondays a few weeks ago. Since there are almost no indy game stores around here any more it's mostly been thrift store/pawn shop/big box clearance. I've had some luck at Gamestop lately though! I've never looked at their used accessories much because they're usually gross and only a few dollars less than new. But while killing time while my friend dug through all the clearance figures ( ), I looked through the Wii stuff. I found a black classic controller pro (usually $20 used) tagged as if it were a knock off ccp ($10). At another store, some idiot packaged an official Xbox One controller that had the official play and charge kit (usually $53 for just the controller, $19.99 for the PnC kit) as if it were an offbrand wired controller ($25). Another store had a $20 CIB ds game mislabeled as a $3 game.

Neatest thing were these steel book indie PC games that launched last November. I'd never seen them before, but they were a joint venture between Gamestop's publishing arm and Indiebox. $20 would get you a DRM free disc, Steam key, soundtrack disc, instruction manual with nice art, and of course the steel book. They're on clearance now for $10. I picked up Axiom Verge, Stories, and Rogue Legacy.
    Looking at today's ad, they're actually featured in it. There were 10 releases in total, and they're numbered on the spine so now I want the whole set. You can get them from the dot com, but I like looking for them as much or more than having them.
    http://www.godisageek.com/2016/10/in...ndie-pc-games/
    me and a local friend do that. Getting away from town is half the fun.

2. I decided to go to a Game Over store while I'm working in Houston. They had a lot of cool stuff and I could have browsed for hours there, but I didn't get there until an hour before they closed. I picked up this cool collector's edition of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 for the PS3. It was only $20.

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg KH.JPG (325.0 KB, 221 views)

3. Stopped by GS yesterday after reading SSJN's post. Grabbed Rogue Legacy & Axiom Verge, if anyone wants the Rogue Legacy steam key PM me. The store by my place had all 10 but I stopped myself from grabbing them just to complete the set (but if they end up dropping​ to $5 I'm sure I'll grab 'em).

I've also went on a bit of an Amiibo bender over the past couple of weeks. I'll just post pics once I get the lot I won on eBay a few days ago and I get the last Monster Hunter one I need from Japan.

4. I've also picked up a bunch of amiibo thanks to their 5 for $5 toys to life sale. Link has soooo many ingredients to cook with now.

5. I'm getting very close to having all but the most expensive ones at this point. I doubt I'll ever get the Smash Bros Sheik & Toon Link at this point. And some I don't care about like the gold mega man & Mario.

6. My chick had them all. When I showed her I could sell Sheik for $80, she didn't mind not having a complete set anymore.

7. Thanks to SSJN, I picked up Rogue Legacy tinbox. I really want Axiom Verge, and that's the one they don't have.

8. It's available online, but I can understand not wanting to pay shipping/ ordering enough to get free shipping. You can use the store locator on the product page though to maybe find one local.
    http://www.gamestop.com/PickUpAtStore/130428/0/125842

9. Nice, there are some not too far from my house.