Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One X Box One XBOX Box X One

1. Xbox Scorpio

COD2 is a 60fps game with v-sync so it actually dropped to 30 when it couldn't hit 60 which was all the time. Games don't use that sort of setup anymore.

2. My worry though is that if this ends up successful for MS and Sony that the time frame between "upgrades" shortens. Early adopters always get fucked either way but this is just such a bigger slap, if this is going to be the case going forward it would have been nice to be given an easier/more affordable upgrade path.

It's just such a mixed bag to me.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Easy solution is don't be an early adopter. I stop being one years ago, no need to buy buggy/incomplete hardware with limited library of games. Of course, if everyone does this then the system would be deemed a failure and new system will be out sooner. Oh wait, this is almost the same thing.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Will it? Speaking from this side of things, PSVR seems like another Kinect. Did well out the gate but they're sitting on shelves now.
    And if MS's is half assed, theirs will be sitting on shelves too, and they'll probably ruin whatever credibility they have in that marketplace. The question is not if Scorpio will have VR. We know it will. The question is will it be competitive with stuff like Rift and Vive, and whether it will put MS in a position to hang in there while the VR market grows.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    There is a huge disconnect between what VR fans see and what everyone else sees. The fans think it's the next color TV while everyone else seems to think it is more like the next 3D TV.
    To be honest, it's neither. It's the next iPad. It's a new device market that doesn't displace the existing ones.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    And if MS's is half assed, theirs will be sitting on shelves too, and they'll probably ruin whatever credibility they have in that marketplace. The question is not if Scorpio will have VR. We know it will. The question is will it be competitive with stuff like Rift and Vive, and whether it will put MS in a position to hang in there while the VR market grows.
    The last time VR was mentioned by MS, they stated it would support current VR headsets. Of course they have been quiet on the subject since (last E3?) but I'm guessing we will find out more on that and the price at this year's E3. I'm not sure they are going to be willing to develop their own proprietary VR headset at this stage.

6. Like I'll totally get one of these, because if I'm gonna play console or Xbox exclusives I'm all about having the best experience I can with them, but man I'd be more excited if they announced a few great games today instead.

This thing is gonna be the most powerful console I buy zero fucking games for.

7. I also see no reason for them to make their own VR hardware either. Doesn't make any sense for them.

Today was to get the specs out of the way. E3 will be where they just talk about games. It'll be an easy PR push. "Everything you have will work with this new box if you want it! All games shown will run on the box you have now, but it'll be crazy good looking with this new box!" That Forza screenshot looks fucking nuts. I'd imagine Crackdown 3 will get its first gameplay showing. Sea of Thieves should get a crazy push too. They need to show some brand new games though, that's for sure. The platform desperately needs to pass the torch from Gears, Halo and Forza.

8. Halo still has legs if they bring back local multiplayer and co-op.

9. They already said that local co-op was back in for future Halii games.

I bet dollars to donuts Scorpio will support the Oculus. I really don't think they will make their own, proprietary headset. Especially with them pushing Xbox Anywhere.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    They already said that local co-op was back in for future Halii games.

I bet dollars to donuts Scorpio will support the Oculus. I really don't think they will make their own, proprietary headset. Especially with them pushing Xbox Anywhere.
    You know they're launching an entire line of MS-branded VR headsets for Windows that run their own proprietary software, right?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk