Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 24567 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One X Box One XBOX Box X One

1. Like I'm all about having the strongest version of a console for it's exclusives and even to run general console exclusives on it. It's great that this thing is strong and a reasonable price for what hardware it contains.

BUT WHO GIVES A FUCK WHEN THERE'S NO GAMES?

I own four games for my Xbone and I'm interest in only two other exclusives that are already out. Two of those games I own are compilations. Like there's no fucking exclusive software on this thiing and their entire E3 was talking about the console not the games. I'll have more Switch games by years end. Let that sink in, a Nintnedo console will have more games worth owning in it's first year than Xbox One has had in it's first five. How the fuck?

2. It's for people without a PC.

Last gen we had:
    XB exclusives (low #, died down)
    PS exclusives (higher but still low)
    PC exclusives (largely RPG and strategy)
    And then
    XB/PS/PC multiplats (which rose as time went on)
    And the biggest category XB/PS multiplats

That last category is near zero now. So you get this if you're a) joustw or b) want the best console version

Or c) want MS games but have no PC. It's not going to get exclusives, that ship has sailed IMO
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 16 Jun 2017 at 05:05 PM.

I sometimes buy One ports purely because I like the controller better. I look forward to getting the X in like five years.

4. That's a good reason too. I strongly prefer the XB controller. Actually as a whole I like the XB better, it just has no exclusives. The PS4 does.

You can use either controller on the PC too along with roughly 1,000 others.

6. Yeah but you can't on PS which is the point.

I actually can but the converter is annoying.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Like there's no fucking exclusive software on this thiing and their entire E3 was talking about the console not the games. I'll have more Switch games by years end.
    This is silly, I don't get why people say this. 42 games shown, around 20 of which are xbox platform exclusive. You can't play those on Sony or Nintendo hardware. You have a PC that can play those? Great, MS wants you to do that because they own that platform too. You'll also be able to play those games with friends who don't have/don't want a PC. The X is a huge jump over the One so it potentially elimentates the PS4 from having consistantly better running 3rd party games. I have a feeling it's going to have a clear load time advantage so MS can add a bullet point to call it the fastest console hardware available.

Microsoft is giving people the choice to play games how they want. Here's a $500 box that'll run everything great. If you want, you can spend that much on a the latest GPU to play those games. It's the more focused route that Valve tried to do with Steam machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    This is silly, I don't get why people say this. 42 games shown, around 20 of which are xbox platform exclusive.
    That's not even true, though Microsoft did their best to lie to you. Many of the 22 were "console launch exclusives," and some of those left already have Steam pages, so it's not even exclusive to Microsoft's ecosystem.

edit: Right from the horse's mouth:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Spencer
    Console launch exclusive means the first console the game will launch on will be Xbox One. I don't know, honestly, anything about when those games are going to launch on another platform. It's really up to the developer to do the work to make that happen.
    These are games that will launch first on Xbox... some of these are already out on PC, so that's why we chose the term that we did.
    edit2: Forgot the link: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3.../1100-6450919/
    Last edited by Yoshi; 17 Jun 2017 at 05:26 PM.