Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One X Box One XBOX Box X One

Yeah, I'd prefer lower res and a prettier more stable game, but I'm probably not their target audience. Hell, I don't even plan on getting a Bone X anytime soon, I'm pretty happy with my S (and the 4 games I ever play on it.)

2. I wonder if they are just trying to keep the rendering engines the same for both PS4Pro and Xbox One X... but then there's still the PC... what do I know. I've never written a graphic's engine.
    Last edited by Nei; 15 Jun 2017 at 10:58 AM.

3. Wouldnt it be reasonable to assume that the "technical" work on these games was implemented a year and a half ago when the developers didn't know what they'd really be using hardware wise? Also, since the Pro specs were what they were probably originally targeting why wouldnt they "port" that code over instead of developing from the ground up for a second platform?
    If games on XbOX are still cheating like this in 12-18 months, then it will be a valid complaint.

4. Xbox Scorpio

Yea that is fair. The thing that bugs me about the Pro is that support seems to have gotten worse since launch, which makes no sense. Hopefully existence of the One X changes this since the work can be deployed across both platforms.

I read the other day that although overall PS4 sales were strong, only 20% of sales were people buying the Pro. That doesn't seem great to me.

6. makes sense. They keep offering the slim for $250 with a game (or more recently extra storage). It would be one thing if there were a $100 difference between the upgrade and regular model and that was that. But there's effectively been a $210 difference since it launched. In an era where dvds still outsell bluray, I cant imagine they thought the masses would opt for the Pro.

7. 4K is really outside of the scope of most people. A lot of TVs are doing it standard now, but most people are perfectly find with the 1080p set they've had for years. Hell, I have a 4K monitor on my computer and I can appreciate the technical details, but the 720p TV in my living room is perfectly fine, just small.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

8. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    True, but that would also tell me that Microsoft misallocated resources when they were dishing out the upgrades in the thing. But hey, 4k is an awesome bullet point in the marketing.
    There was only going to be so much they could have done to that CPU. Anything too dramatic, like a completely different CPU, might have cause some issues.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. Xbox Scorpio

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I read the other day that although overall PS4 sales were strong, only 20% of sales were people buying the Pro. That doesn't seem great to me.
    Honestly it sounds ok to me, it's not like 4K is setting the world on fire. Sony always said they expect regular PS4 to be the primary product.

With supersampling the IQ on 1080p sets is great. I was happy with the system when that's all I was getting. But few games are doing it anymore. It's a real bummer. Thankfully MS has talked about it so hopefully we see more of it on the One X.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Honestly it sounds ok to me, it's not like 4K is setting the world on fire. Sony always said they expect regular PS4 to be the primary product.

With supersampling the IQ on 1080p sets is great. I was happy with the system when that's all I was getting. But few games are doing it anymore. It's a real bummer. Thankfully MS has talked about it so hopefully we see more of it on the One X.
    I think they said all games would have supersampling through the X.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"