Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Goddamn Ridiculous Is It That This Is Still A Thing: The Nintendo Switch Friend Codes Thread

1. How Goddamn Ridiculous Is It That This Is Still A Thing: The Nintendo Switch Friend Codes Thread

Welp, Mario Kart is out, so I guess it's time to start exchanging these stupid anachronisms again. Everybody post yours, and I'll try to keep this first post updated with the complete list.

BonusKun: SW-6090-4619-9123
    Finch (Finchiekins): 5692-6371-4906
    Frogacuda: 3106-1259-8805
    Hero: SW-0112-1479-0722
    Joust Williams: 8578-9930-7876
    Opaque: SW-1721-4877-2500
    Salsashark (Bopaco): SW-6178-8898-0871
    SamuraiMoogle: SW-7554-8730-8312
    Schlep: SW-7998-0377-7574
    Space Pirate Roberts (The Gas): SW-7589-5903-3681
    SSJN (Dekan): sw-3719-1073-5999
    Yoshi: SW-0132-2452-4544
    kingoffighters: SW-2986-4106-2991
    Last edited by BonusKun; 24 Dec 2017 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. If you keep eating those shit sandwiches Nintendo makes they will keep making them.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

3. At least both people don't have to enter it this time.

mine; 5692-6371-4906

Ah, so we're at icq level of tech now

5. The main issue I have is that your friends aren't transfered between systems. Nintendo wants to make adding friends protected by a code to help keep kids safe? Totally cool. If I added you ever, anywhere, we should still be added though. How stupid is it I can link to my Nintendo account; that has credit cards attached to it, to everything but I can't keep friends between device generations.

Mine: SW-1721-4877-2500

6. While friends from the Wii U or 3DS can't be added and don't seem to show up. Anyone you're friends with in Miitomo, Super Mario Run, or the mobile Fire Emblems game who also has a Switch will automatically show up in your suggested friends list. Which you can easily add them right there. Not exactly the automatic transfer you want or that was scene say going from the PS3 - Vita - PS4, but at least better than having to share friend codes again. Out of the 20 - 30 some odd people I've got on my Switch I've only had to share friend codes with like 4 of them. My GUESS is that the full Nintendo Account wasn't realized for the 3DS and Wii U. I'm guessing going forward it should be closer to the Sony or MS way. Who the fuck knows though.

Though I will say again I don't see how sharing a friend code or a user name is any different. I got the complaint when both people had to enter the friend code, but when one person can do it, shit is the same to me.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. How is it hard to see the difference between a username that is usually an actual word/name and often something common across multiple systems and a random fucking 12 digit number that no one can remember?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. What bbobb said and also I didn't even get to pick this random bullshit code. Also, it's not even the same bullshit code everywehre! It's different on my Wii, WiiU, 3DS and Switch. It's not the same as a user name at all.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    How is it hard to see the difference between a username that is usually an actual word/name and often something common across multiple systems and a random fucking 12 digit number that no one can remember?
    Because most the people out there don't just use a name or code. It's always something like Gor3cr4zZ3y or some other bullshit like my friend's steam name .mFt^ rd00 (slightly changed to protect the innocent). To me that shit is no different than a friend code, I'm not going to remember it. If I'm going to add some one on steam, PSN, or now Switch I'm going to just ask them to write it down, text me, or email me that name and in that sense 0p4qu32o17 or 172148772500 is the same shit to me. I just think people blow this out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    What bbobb said and also I didn't even get to pick this random bullshit code. Also, it's not even the same bullshit code everywehre! It's different on my Wii, WiiU, 3DS and Switch. It's not the same as a user name at all.
    While you don't pick the random bullshit code you get to pick your display name and it doesn't have to be unique to just you. You can be Opaque on that and not Op4qu32017 cause some one else already grabbed it. I don't think it's perfect or ideal but the amount people flip out of over it, I find are making a mountain out of a damn mole hill.

I already commented on the Wii, WiiU, 3DS, and Switch having different names and that not carrying over. It is bullshit and it sucks. I never said that was a good thing and hopefully going forward that's not the case. I really think the Nintendo Account shit on their end wasn't finalized or in its final form until recently. Which is why the 3DS and Wii U can't share friends nor with the Switch, but all the mobile shit allows you to easily add cross "platform" friends at least. I agree it should just carry over and hopefully this time it will. It was really nice on the PS4 and Vita that my friend's list just carried over and were there. I do wish that was the case here, and I'm hoping that is the cast with the next system.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I'm hoping that is the cast with the next system.
    We've been saying this since the Wii.