Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

1. Great movie, pretty much as good as the first one but in a different way.

I was really bummed they killed off Yondu, but comic book death and all. However, since they disintegrated him, that would make him coming back kinda ridiculous even by those standards.

Cameo by the OG Guardians went over my head, as did the Adam Warlock stuff, but since his origin is obviously differing from the comics so much it doesn't bother me that I didn't pick up on the golden aliens clue.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 14 May 2017 at 08:54 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post

it doesn't bother me that I didn't pick up on the golden aliens clue.
    Right? Like it was staring us in the face the whole time.

3. In retrospect, it should have been, like, so obvious. But in the comics he's usually a multi-vitamin pack shade of urine yellow as opposed to shiny gold, so...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Maybe it's because I used to love to IG story and read and re-read the comics over and over as a kid. But as soon as I saw the Sovereign in the first trailer I just assumed that was going to be how they introduce Warlock to the MCU.

5. The previous movie already had his cocoon in the Collector scene, but that's another MCU easter egg false start like Cap's shield in Iron Man I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!