Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Is there seriously not a thread for this yet!!!! Got to go see this last night and it was frickin amazing! Even funnier than the first one, and pretty much just as good. Not sure if I'll be able to see this again in theaters, but this is a day one on digital for sure! Guardians continues to prove it is the best Marvel cinematic experience out there.
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 09 May 2017 at 04:02 PM.

2. Pretty good! A bit more forced than the first in places, but ultimately fun. I like that this ties all the Stan Lee cameos together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Unlike the first one this had more of a coherent story rather than being just a series of connected set pieces. Not sure if that made it better necessarily, just different. I liked the character development this movie had. Michael Rooker and Karen Gillan were both great. I was really happy they brought Gillan back for an expanded part. She was one of my favorite parts of the first movie.

Elizabeth Debicki as the high priestess of the Sovereign was very funny.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. The fact that Adam Warlock was basically staring us in the face the whole fucking movie and I didn't pick it up until the end made me want to jump off a bridge.

5. Word! I kept going over where I knew the Sovereign from but couldn't recall, and I wanted to kick myself at the end.

6. I don't know what any of that is and it didn't really matter aside from the credits scene not having its intended impact. That's one thing I love about this series: it doesn't much trade on recognition or nostalgia (aside from that dumb Howard the Duck scene). I still have bruises along my rib-cage from Rogue One's elbow.

7. You're wrong, I would gladly pay to see a James Gunn Howard the Duck movie.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. I would too, but that and the Stallone scene were awkwardly tacked on and presumably there for nerd capital. Still, just two instances of fan service-y credits sequences creeping into actual movie is about as good as we're gonna do!

9. Supposedly Stakar and the OG Guardians crew are going to be a big part of Vol. 3, and might even get their own spinoff movie after. (Presumably set in their past glory days so Yondu can be a part of it, unless he comes back somehow, which... seems lame at first, but why not? This whole thing's one giant 70s-80s homage, so might as well ape Wrath of Khan by turning around and undoing the heroic sacrifice in the next movie.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. The plot of this was that time the Fresh Prince's father came back into town but he realized that in fact Uncle Phil was the man he'd call Dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!