Page 1 of 19 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Archer

1. Archer

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Set at the International Secret Intelligence Service (ISIS) during the Cold War, suave master spy Sterling Archer deals with global espionage, a domineering, hypersexual, late middle aged mother/boss Malory Archer, his agent ex-girlfriend Lana Kane, and a less-than-masculine code name—"Duchess".[6] It was supposedly chosen at random by the agency's ISIS mainframe computer but in fact is the name of his mother's deceased dog, of which she has a disturbingly erotic photograph with herself similar to the Rolling Stone cover with John Lennon and Yoko Ono in bed. On the surface, Sterling Archer is a classy, devilishly-handsome spy reminiscent of James Bond. He is skilled in "improvised" combat and Krav Maga as well as small firearms, SCUBA diving and "Honey Pot" (blackmail through seduction).[7] Although he is sometimes capable of being charming and is highly regarded in the field, Archer is in fact destructively bitter and has a habit of charging outrageous expenses (such as prostitutes and $900 turtlenecks) to his ISIS account. His less appealing qualities include masked "mommy-issues," jealousy towards Lana's lover and coworker Cyril, raw male-chauvinism, dehumanizing treatment of his elderly butler, and his frequent verbal assaults on everyone in his path. Everyone at ISIS allegedly hates him, however the office is repeatedly noted to be a "hostile work environment" anyway by coworkers as insults fly in every direction.

this is basically the best cartoon on tv right now, here is evidence: http://www.parentstv.org/PTC/cable/worst.asp

it needs the ratings; even watching it on hulu ( http://www.hulu.com/archer ) helps, and it's even going into reruns after this week for a little while so you've got time to catch up!

2. Radical Axis made this, they're good folks!

3. Definitely a great show. I'm surprised Adult Swim didn't pick this up, but AS hasn't interested me in years. They either lost, dropped, or canceled some of their best shows, and picked up too much crap.

This show is great. I love the guy who plays Archer (aka Coach McGuirk). Also, Jessica Walter (Lucile Bluth) does a great job.

4. Love this show, the fat HR broad is gold.

Edit: Inbetweeners won worst of the week last week, awesome!
    Last edited by Shine; 17 Feb 2010 at 04:56 PM.

5. I LOVE Aisha Tyler.

Love.

Seriously, she makes this show for me. I crack up whenever she says YUP off screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

6. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    This show is great. I love the guy who plays Archer (aka Coach McGuirk).
    H. Jon Benjamin is a comic genius. The voice cast is great in general. I know on FX they don't shy away from certain language and showing skin. i don't know if that affected Cartoon Network's decision but the show is better for it. Iwill watch any show by the Sealab/Frisky Dingo guys.

7. Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    H. Jon Benjamin is a comic genius. The voice cast is great in general. I know on FX they don't shy away from certain language and showing skin. i don't know if that affected Cartoon Network's decision but the show is better for it. Iwill watch any show by the Sealab/Frisky Dingo guys.
    So what is the word with Frisky Dingo? Seasons 1 and 2 were great, but that little spinoff show didn't seem all that good. Any chance of seeing an actual season 3 or is the show done for good?

8. I've been watching this all afternoon. Thanks for the recommendation.

I love how they basically copied/pasted Lucille and Kitty's characters from Arrested Development into a new setting. The cast is really incredible.

9. Don't think they're developing any shows for Comedy Central. Archer is their focus for now.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    So what is the word with Frisky Dingo? Seasons 1 and 2 were great, but that little spinoff show didn't seem all that good. Any chance of seeing an actual season 3 or is the show done for good?
    7030 closed down after CN didnt pick up the Xtacles pilot. So no season 3. Ever.

Archer is what came out from the remains of the company.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin