Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: avatar size

1. I turn off sigs, but I find avatars helpful when scrolling through a thread.

Tapatalk and its tiny avatars cured that problem for me.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I have to view every webpage at 175% because of the text alone.
    If you make huge avatars, they'll take up a third of the page.
    We could... and this is a crazy idea here... increase the default text size some at the same time to also get with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You guys browse with avatars turned on?
    I wouldn't know who 3/4th of you people are without avatars.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. That could work. If changes are afoot, then it's about time to kill off the rest of the site, too. The forums are the only thing that's seen any sort of activity in the past four years. Any noobs that happen upon the site are going to think it's abandoned.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Higher resolution fonts and avatars. Get rid of sigs. No one uses sigs. They're all ancient now.
    You can fuck right the hell off.

6. I'm all about getting some changes to the guts of the site changed. Yes, sigs are dumb.

7. The fuck out of here with your browser filling the entire screen.

8. If Nick is willing to bump up the avatar sizes, I'd be happy to put together a new theme that integrates them better while also giving us a few other things like larger basic font size. It's been a while since I've dug into forum theme editing, but I don't think it'd take long to get back into the swing of things. (So long as people could wait until post-E3.)

In terms of what sizes I'd suggest if we did make a jump, I think a few obvious options would be:

200 x 125 - Kinda boring, but that'd be a logical step up from what we have now while keeping the same dimensions.
    200 x 200 - I think this would be a nice choice, as it'd give us more room to play with, and would have minimal impact with how things are now if you're using left side details. If you're using details on the top, I'm sure you'd bitch. (If you go to your profile, this is the same size as profile images.)
    200 x 250 - Pick that, force everyone to use left side details, and I get my dream. I don't expect this would ever happen, because too many people would whine about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    The fuck out of here with your browser filling the entire screen.
    My browser isn't anywhere near fullscreen and avatars are still tiny.
    Last edited by mollipen; 14 May 2017 at 09:45 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. For reals can we just get the old TNL header back that had like Mortal Kombat characters and loli shit?

That's all anyone really wants.

10. Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    It's been a while since I've dug into forum theme editing
    I had a client ask about vBulletin theming at my previous firm. It is ... not so hot. And we aren't on an updated version, are we? If Nick/cka were open to switching to Flarum we might have an easy time with that.

My browser isn't anywhere near fullscreen and avatars are still tiny.
    You two mfs need Jesus.

Attached Images Attached Images