Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: avatar size

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    For reals can we just get the old TNL header back that had like Mortal Kombat characters and loli shit?

That's all anyone really wants.
    I wonder if I still even have that.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. avatar size

I'm fine as long as I can snap the window to half of a 1080p monitor and still fit everything on it. It's my pet peeve when I find sites that have horizontal scrolling when I do this, or they go into responsive mode and all the menus change.

I'd battle mollipen in the theme gauntlet, we could hold a contest for exposure.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    I had a client ask about vBulletin theming at my previous firm. It is ... not so hot. And we aren't on an updated version, are we? If Nick/cka were open to switching to Flarum we might have an easy time with that.
    I've done theme editing for us before, back when I did the pink skin, the low-rent mobile skin, and some other stuff. All message forum theme editing sucks, because of the weird ways developers put the files together. It just is what it is.

You two mfs need Jesus.
    And look how small they are! At the very, very least, all of that space on the right side is just wasted area that could allow the avatars to be wider. This is just playing around to see how the sizing would work—this is an earlier post from this thread where the left column is now actually a few pixels skinnier than default, and where height hasn't been changed as all. A lot bigger avatar with zero impact to how things are done now, so even if we didn't go this big, there's still a lot of room to play with. Right now it's a lot of wasted space / things not being positioned for maximum use.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    You two mfs need Jesus.
    You need three monitors.

I full screen everything.
    Last edited by Opaque; 14 May 2017 at 10:47 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    And look how small they are! At the very, very least, all of that space on the right side is just wasted area that could allow the avatars to be wider. This is just playing around to see how the sizing would work—this is an earlier post from this thread where the left column is now actually a few pixels skinnier than default, and where height hasn't been changed as all. A lot bigger avatar with zero impact to how things are done now, so even if we didn't go this big, there's still a lot of room to play with. Right now it's a lot of wasted space / things not being positioned for maximum use.
    That test image is great.

Small avatars or die. Some of us aren't running 30,000x20,000 pixel displays.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    That test image is great.
    It really is perfect
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Tapatalk and its tiny avatars cured that problem for me.
    lol, tapatalk.

Why?

10. avatar size

I use Tapatalk all the time. Nothing wrong with it. Well, other than it being another app that acts like Apple's "circle profile pics" idea was God's gift to social media. God I hate that trend. (Or whoever it was that started it.)
    Last edited by mollipen; 15 May 2017 at 04:07 AM.