Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2121415161718 LastLast

Thread: Destiny 2 (PC, PS4, One)

1. I'm loving the MIDA combo guns.
    Boo, Hiss.

anyone on the wee am. like 2 or 3 am pst? i get off late and i need to do my Strang strike.......

3. I'm still cranking through this and really enjoying the hell out of it. I finally hit 300 last night, and popped my Nightfall cherry. Since this game doesn't explain shit, I've got some questions.

Mainly with infusion, I'm confused as to what it will or won't let you cannibalize. I know that you can dismantle higher lvl items and use them to lvl up your weaker stuff, but on occasion it will allow me to infuse the other way. I have a Hard Light at 303 and it let me infuse it with an auto rifle that was at 300 and I can't figure out why.

Mod Components? Where the hell do I get those?

Are there legendary mods for kinetic weapons? Better Devils is my only weapon without a legendary mod.

How the hell do I get a dance party invite for the Future War Cult? I need to floss my crotch (best damn emote I've seen so far) in somebodys face.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Mainly with infusion, I'm confused as to what it will or won't let you cannibalize. I know that you can dismantle higher lvl items and use them to lvl up your weaker stuff, but on occasion it will allow me to infuse the other way. I have a Hard Light at 303 and it let me infuse it with an auto rifle that was at 300 and I can't figure out why.
    All exotic weapons have a +5 legendary power mod equipped. So if your Hard Light is at 303, its base power is actually 298. So you can infuse a 300 power auto rifle into it, which would bring it to the current cap of 305.

Mod Components? Where the hell do I get those?
    You can purchase mods from the gunsmith. You can't purchase specific mods; you pay him glimmer and he gives you one at random. Then you can take the ones you have and upgrade them into legendary mods, which give a +5 power boost.

How the hell do I get a dance party invite for the Future War Cult? I need to floss my crotch (best damn emote I've seen so far) in somebodys face.
    The Dance Party Key is a rare drop from the raid. Or so I've been told, since I've never seen it drop.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. edit: too late, sleeve answered everything. Oh well, I'll leave the post.

Gear has a base power level. Any gear that has a purple mod on it gets a bonus +5, and that is shown in the main number- but the base gear is what you base infusion on. Also, all exotics have a purple mod on by default. So in your example, you infused a 300 base auto into a 298 (+5) hard light, making it 300 base (305 shown). If you were to infuse that 305 hard light into another auto rifle with no purple mod, it would just be 300- the mod on gear used AS infusion fuel is lost.

If you haven't, use destinyitemmanager.com, it's basically the best website ever. Anything with a yellow border on there has a legendary mod on it, purples will sometimes have them randomly if you get lucky.

You get 1 mod component by dismantling a purple mod. So you can turn 3 unneeded blues into a purple and dismantle it. Some other mod tips:
    -spend excess glimmer on blue mods for dismantling. Save a chunk though because of the cost of creating and slotting mods.
    -banshee shows you a bunch of purples you can create, if you have enough blue mods. If you have been hoarding tons of blue mods, you may have more available than he has space to show you. If you want to convert 3 blues in your inventory, and he isn't showing that option, put a bunch of blue mods in the vault, and the one you are looking for will cycle in.
    -how did you get all primaries with legendary mods, just luck? or mainly exotics? That's pretty impressive! You can use the mod components mentioned above to trade for a random weapon mod. it will have a chance to be kinetic or one of the 3 elements. RNG warning, I've gone like 10 in a row without a kinetic before so brace yourself.

Not sure exactly what you're asking in the last question- but the faction event was just one week, it's assumed that it will come back and you'll be able to join FWC then. If you want the butt floss emote it's for sale right now for 700 silver dust. I agree it's the best. You can just walk into the FWC meeting room and floss in Lakshmi's face right now, no invitation required.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

6. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post

-how did you get all primaries with legendary mods, just luck? or mainly exotics? That's pretty impressive! You can use the mod components mentioned above to trade for a random weapon mod. it will have a chance to be kinetic or one of the 3 elements. RNG warning, I've gone like 10 in a row without a kinetic before so brace yourself.
    Mostly exotics. I bought one or two as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    Not sure exactly what you're asking in the last question- but the faction event was just one week, it's assumed that it will come back and you'll be able to join FWC then. If you want the butt floss emote it's for sale right now for 700 silver dust. I agree it's the best. You can just walk into the FWC meeting room and floss in Lakshmi's face right now, no invitation required.
    Ya, I already joined FWC, it must've been the last day of the rally. I just keep running past that disco and want to get in and floss my butt.

I'm not sure how it feels with the Titan and the Hunter, but the solar subclass for the Warlock feels kind of useless. Maybe I'm just not good at it, but I almost exclusively stick to Arc. I never see solar Warlocks in The Crucible.
    Last edited by Jed; 27 Oct 2017 at 02:13 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Mostly exotics. I bought one or two as well.

I'm not sure how it feels with the Titan and the Hunter, but the solar subclass for the Warlock feels kind of useless. Maybe I'm just not good at it, but I almost exclusively stick to Arc. I never see solar Warlocks in The Crucible.
    I see a lot of people running solar Warlock (forget the name of the subclass), it looks pretty decent to me. That super has some pretty decent range.

My perception may be off because I main Hunter and all 3 subclasses are trash in Crucible (except Nightstalker, sorta)
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    My lock is 99% arc also, dawnblade is pretty bad right now. Arc in general is just really strong (those pulse grenades are just bonkers)- same with titans. Hunters aren't quite so lopsided, it depends on your exotic armor and what you want to do.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

9. Y'all see about how Bungie rigged XP so you could need up to 2 times the stated amount of XP to level or unlock shit? Apparently they sold items, for real money, that effected XP as well, so this is some real bullshit.

I'm so glad I avoided this fucking shit show. Bungie is a husk of what they used to be.

10. I haven't had any issues with D2. I quite like it.
    Boo, Hiss.