Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31315161718 LastLast

Thread: Destiny 2 (PC, PS4, One)

1. I've really enjoyed the game so far, but it needs some MAJOR work. End game is seriously lacking and the matchmaking is complete shit. I can't do Leviathan or Nightfall, (even with being in a clan) because the wait time for guided games is absurd. Waited for 50 minutes last night to do Leviathan, and just gave up. Also, the duplicate drops are completely out of control. The last 4 exotics I turned in, were all Transversive Steps, and the 3 before that were all Graviton Lances. I've been grinding Iron Banner all weekend for my Warlock Helmet, the only piece I still need, and I just keep getting glove duplicates. DLC can't come soon enough.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Y'all see about how Bungie rigged XP so you could need up to 2 times the stated amount of XP to level or unlock shit? Apparently they sold items, for real money, that effected XP as well, so this is some real bullshit.
    This doesn't impact D2 in any way. Not sure what you're talking about.

The game has some issues but gaining XP and legendary/exotic items isn't really one of them. The "bright engrams" that you can purchase for real money only unlock cosmetic items like emotes and skins.

I hope the DLC revamps the mod system to make it more interesting. Once you get a legendary or exotic gun, there's really nothing you can do to it aside from adding a single mod. Aside from adjusting things like recoil and reload speeds with armor mods, there's very little customization.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. I agree, mods definitely need to be looked at, it's just bare bones at this point. It'd be an easy way to introduce some uniqueness to your gear too. I also don't understand why set bonuses aren't a thing. There is no real incentive for wearing a complete set.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    I've really enjoyed the game so far, but it needs some MAJOR work. End game is seriously lacking and the matchmaking is complete shit. I can't do Leviathan or Nightfall, (even with being in a clan) because the wait time for guided games is absurd. Waited for 50 minutes last night to do Leviathan, and just gave up.
    I'm fortunate to be in a clan (on PS4) that is very active on PvE. Usually does a few raids every week that coordinates through the app. If I wasn't on that I don't know what I'd do. I've never used the guided games matchmaking, blech.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. The problem with the raid set is that it doesn’t do shit else that regular armor does. Same with the Trials or really anything.

6. The problem with the raid is they went all in on Siege Engine for 3/4 of it, and gave us a sparkly princess palace for the location that finally highlights the 100% militaristic dirty race built like the Goombas from the live-action Mario movie. There should've been lots of murdering big things in dark overbuilt mechanical areas but instead it's mostly just standing on plates in fields of white and gold. It's not bad overall, but one fun and satisfying encounter out of four is not a good ratio.

People have complained about raid set bonuses since year one but I don't even give a fuck about that gear as long as the raid itself is a good time. Leviathan, unfortunately, missed the mark quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeve
    This doesn't impact D2 in any way. Not sure what you're talking about.

The game has some issues but gaining XP and legendary/exotic items isn't really one of them. The "bright engrams" that you can purchase for real money only unlock cosmetic items like emotes and skins.
    You can buy Pop Tarts for XP codes and a sparrow, and fireteam medallions also can be purchased with bright dust. It's not a straight cash-for-xp and a bit of a stretch, but that's what he's talking about.

7. You can also poison yourself with Rockstar Energy and get garbage blue equipment in return. Yay.

8. Blizzard has a free to play up to level 8 for PC gamers.

9. They should've called this update Curse of the Prometheus Lens. That is some busted ass shit. Crucible is practically unplayable at this point.

10. Boo hoo. They said it’s bugged and we get a weekend of fun out of it.
    Xur is selling it and you better believe RF is gonna be lighting it up.