Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 101213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny 2 (PC, PS4, One)

1. So, I just got this last week, having never touched the first one. I'm really overwhelmed by the amount of gear, and I feel like I'm dismantling too much stuff. How do you determine which gear is worth keeping/upgrading?

2. In general, anything below legendary (purple) rarity don't worry about dismantling. You will get a LOT of drops, and 95% of it will be dismantled.

During a playthrough, I would recommend just equipping anything that has a higher power number, and trying it out. You'll naturally find what gun types you like. Feel free to keep favorite guns even if they are lower power level, they will always work in crucible (pvp almost always normalizes gear power) and you can look at them later once you get used to everything, and see what stats you favor.

Every gun feels different, which is cool. So if you hated your first hand cannon or scout, don't discount the whole class.

Once you start getting purples, you can start looking closer at the perk and scope choices. If you're worried about regretting a dismantle, just throw all purples you don't use in the vault. There is plenty of space there to start.

I feel like everything is intentionally vague in the beginning, so feel free to ask any questions, I'll be happy to help. What system are you playing on?
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

3. I'm on PS4. I got my Warlock to 20, and I'm about 95% on my 2nd subclass. I'm really enjoying it so far, but the vagueness at the beginning is frustrating.

4. Feel free to add me if you want, my PSN is JohnNiner. I play this way too much. There are a few others here who play on PS4 also.

My theory is they want/expect people to have to ask others about details, and it kind of works. There are so many tips that new players could benefit from hearing, it gives veterans a way to feel helpful (and smart), and then gets players who may have only played solo before used to playing in groups.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

5. Destiny 2 (PC, PS4, One)

Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    Feel free to add me if you want, my PSN is JohnNiner. I play this way too much. There are a few others here who play on PS4 also.

My theory is they want/expect people to have to ask others about details, and it kind of works. There are so many tips that new players could benefit from hearing, it gives veterans a way to feel helpful (and smart), and then gets players who may have only played solo before used to playing in groups.
    Yeah, there is a whole clan you could play with if you like.
    Not John though, he left even though there was room for all his friends lol.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?gro...groupid=151988

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Yeah, there is a whole clan you could play with if you like.
    Not John though, he left even though there was room for all his friends lol.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?gro...groupid=151988
    Your link is doubled Chux.

I <3 Rampant Fronting but the 3 or 4 people I would ever play with I have on my friends list, and I don't know the other 80 or so! You should join RF or another clan though, you get free stuff.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

7. I'm playing this on PS4 as well (themanchdynasty). Add me if you haven't already.

I have just one character still, a Hunter 270-ish. I'm part of a clan made up mostly of some IRL friends and friends of friends. It's funny, this game is really my first true MMO (or MMO-adjacent) experience even though it's mostly FPS stuff. I didn't play Destiny 1 much.

Crucible is hard getting used to since it's so teamfire-based. And it's hard for me to wrap my head around the geometry of some of the maps. But I feel like I'm slowly starting to improve. I like the longer-range SMG's and sidearms plus a scout rifle. It feels like the Hunter ultimates are really shitty in PvP right now. Either that or I just suck really bad.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. Tried my first Nightfall run last night. Good lord, its brutal. Retardedly brutal.

9. It's interesting. The nightfalls in Destiny 1 were just different modifiers, but the same difficulty (once you were past the light level suggested). In Destiny 2, you take much more damage and do much less damage overall, and this is even being overleveled. It's tuned way differently than anything else in the game.

I played with some of my more hardcore friends, and we managed fine, though we did die a bunch. But the last 2 weeks I've tried with my brother and brother in law who play casually, and failed all over the place. It's a much different game, you have to play very cautious, and aware of modifiers. Not even the raid plays that way. Both weeks my brothers quit and were discouraged, which sucks, but they also didn't really want to try too hard.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

10. I actually found the Nightfalls easier this time around. In Destiny 1, there were tons of shielded enemies, tons of ad swarms, and (for a while) complete wipes upon death -- all forcing you to inch your way through levels, or finding closets to hang out in and plink away....slowly. For example, the original Omnigul strike. This time, it seems to be a lot more of mechanics and team coordination -- e.g., making a concerted effort to grab time extenders (week 1), taking advantage of grenade recharges (last week). But I agree it could get pretty rough (and annoying) if you don't have a focused team.

I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to give this week's Nightfall a go.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"