Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkanoid vs Space Invaders

1. Arkanoid vs Space Invaders

So this came out of nowhere

I've played a bit and it's quite fun, $4 with no dlc I've seen so far which is new for Square Enix.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

This thread title certainly got my attention.

edit: I can't remember the last new iOS game I've gotten. Once the market decided freemium was better than premium, I lost most of my interest in the mobile stuff.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 19 May 2017 at 04:01 PM.

3. Arkanoid vs Space Invaders

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    This thread title certainly got my attention.

edit: I can't remember the last new iOS game I've gotten. Once the market decided freemium was better than premium, I lost most of my interest in the mobile stuff.
    Agreed! I haven't bought anything in like, 3 years.

Taito's iOS games have been pretty good IIRC!
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

They absolutely have, as opposed to, say, Capcom's. They thought it would be a good idea to release Ghouls 'N Ghosts this week without controller support.

edit: Look at this note from the GnG release on iOS:

Quote Originally Posted by Capcom via iTunes
    Please Note:
    - To use the leaderboard and achievement system, you need a "Google account linked with gamer ID". You can not create "gamer ID" from an iOS device.
    - In order to participate in ranking, it may be necessary to change the setting of the Google account. Google Account settings can not be changed from iOS device.
    Seriously?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 19 May 2017 at 04:19 PM.

5. Why would anyone thing GnG was a good idea for mobile?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Wow. Stage 23 is an interesting one.

edit: I'm through 30. I better take a break, or I may not eat.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 19 May 2017 at 05:05 PM.

7. Looks like a spiritual sequel to the Space Invaders Extreme games, which is great.

DS port pls.

8. I've been itching for a new Arkanoid game for ages, and the XBLA game looks so bad, so I'll have to check this out.

9. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Taito's iOS games have been pretty good IIRC!
    Space Invaders Infinity Gene is one of the few smartphone games I've played that I think it legitimately good. So, they're okay in my book just for that.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

I still play that one sometimes. It's fun.