Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yard Work

1. I mow and trim my lawn weekly. I try to do as little as possible.

2. I bought a condo specifically because I'd never have to do yard work. Maybe in another decade or so I'll want a house and yard to take care of but I had enough of that as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I did enjoy mowing the yard on the riding mower set to Rabbit. (You know it was fast because it was rabbit speed).
    It's not how fast you mow; it's how well you mow fast.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 22 May 2017 at 12:32 PM.

4. When I moved in to my old apartment in Toronto, which was in a house with an overgrown jungle of a back yard and weed-filled flowerbeds, I made an agreement with the landlord that I would make it usable, and it would be mine to use.
    It worked out pretty well. I mostly reused stuff that was already there, like flagstone and railroad ties, and even most of the plants, and just re-arranged and rebuilt things until the place was completely transformed. I fixed a fence that was collapsing under the weight of an overgrown tree, pruned all of the trees, leveled out the yard, put in flagstone walkways, re-planted a bunch of tiger lillies, re-set some interlocking brick that had become uneven, and did a lot of weeding and clean-up.
    The only outside help I asked the landlord for was having a bunch of stone brought in to fill in the area between the flower beds so that I could set up some furniture, and I didn't have to pay for anything.
    Between that and the improvements I made to the apartment, I put in a lot of work, but it was more than worth it. My place went from something that was a good deal at $650 a month to a place that would easily fetch over $1000, and I lived there without any increase in rent for 8 years.

5. I've been in my house for a year now. The previous owners had everything landscaped, and we've been trying to do our best to keep it up while changing things to fit our tastes. It's a lot of work and a lot more money than I realized...
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    I bought a condo specifically because I'd never have to do yard work. Maybe in another decade or so I'll want a house and yard to take care of but I had enough of that as a kid.
    This exactly.

I hate yardwork, but I like having enough space between my neighbors and me that I can crank my music to ridiculous levels and they can't hear. So I must deal with the yard.

Kill your neighbors instead. They don't grow back.

Yeah but somebody buys the house and there's a good chance they are even more annoying.

True, especially after the value of the house(s) is destroyed because there were murders committed inside.