Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Far Cry 5

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I kind of wish they'd go back to the first Far Cry and have some kind of mutants/monsters/aliens or something behind it all and improve on that but I doubt they will.
    Gross

The mutants are the worst part of Far Cry and indeed maybe any game.

2. This looks awesome.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Gross

The mutants are the worst part of Far Cry and indeed maybe any game.
    Oh I agree that they sucked in that game but I'd like to see that done well.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. So this is out now. I picked it up. Having played it quite heavily the past few days there are things I like and things I'm not super keen on.

You no longer need to kill 15 or this or 20 of that to craft a new holster. Now you complete challenges by....killing 15 of this or 20 of that. Actually you don't need to. The two extra holsters are now perks, which can be earned in a number of ways, but one of the quickest is completing challenges.

The story is....uh...well I can't judge it yet but so far it's had ups and downs. I think its better than 4 at least.

You can fish now. That's something.

They've also gotten away from having to climb towers to unlock activities. Now you just talk to people.

Anyway, I've put in at least 15 hours since Tuesday so it's doing something right.

6. I just got this game for the PEE CEE today. I had my GTX 1080 overclocked to 2114Mhz, when it crashed 15 minutes into the game. I guess I need to dial back my OC just a little.

The beginning is just unbelievable. What kind of idiots would walk into a compound with an arrest warrant and only 4 people.

7. Just gonna say get used to unbelievable...

8. I have mixed feelings on this one. I loved 2, 3, and 4. This one does a lot right, but feels like it's missing it's bite in other regards. The AI is really shit and I actually turned off the "xray vision"/tagging because it just feels too... Cheap. Especially with health that fully regenerates so quickly. But I really love the freedom to explore. It doesn't force you to do much of anything specifically, which is a blessing and a curse: it dodges that feeling of boring grinding, but puts the side missions kind of on the same level as the "core"/story missions. Until you get interrupted by a mandatory story segment. The story is ludicrous and totally not serious (I don't think it ever intended, or should be expected to, make some grandiose political statement), but IMO that should mean it's funnier and weirder than it is.
    Oh, and it's really quite a sight to look at at times, and the emergent gameplay happily can pop up at almost any moment.
    Also, Ubisoft, bring back the diegetic map from FC2! I HATE having to fully pause to check the map. (Also, I turned off onscreen waypoints because I found myself just magnetically pulling myself towards those damn yellow diamonds.)

9. It kills me that Ghost Recon Wildlands didn't borrow some ideas from Far Cry 4 on how to do an open world game. I still haven't finished Wildlands, because of all the BS searching you have to do the get anywhere in the game.

I'm hooked on FC5. It's just fun to grab a vehicle and drive around looking for trouble, and the air battles are a really cool addition to the franchise.