Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2017

1. That's because it sucks now.

2. Last 2 years were fun. I have high hopes for this year.

3. I'm excited to see the final unveiling of the Xbox Scorpio.

Boldly going where no one has wanted to go before: 4K, 30fps.

5. I want a Scorpio and I don't even have 4K. It doesn't matter what Microsoft shows, it's cool to hate them right now.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

6. If it has compelling VR support or some killer exclusive, then I'll be interested.
    1080p 60Hz with vsync is good enough for me, but that should have been the standard day one, so I'm not buying a new console just for that.

I can't believe I'm about to type this, but there is finally something technological that Nintendo understands better than Sony and Microsoft. Frame rate is more important than resolution. The PS4 Pro, and likely Scorpio, prioritize incorrectly, because 4K makes a better bullet point.

There are many articles from online PC publications that 4K shouldn't even be where resolution should go. Rather, it should be less traditional aspect ratios, such as those that movies use.

But the TV manufacturers, which Sony also is not coincidentally, have chosen to ride 4K, so the console upgrades have beefier GPUs but are still saddled with relatively weak CPUs, which are going to continue to cap their frame rates at unacceptable levels in too many cases.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    If it has compelling VR support or some killer exclusive, then I'll be interested.
    It'll have support for that MS Mixed Reality thing. Which means cheaper and probably better thank PSVR, but kneecapped by limited hand-tracking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I can't believe I'm about to type this, but there is finally something technological that Nintendo understands better than Sony and Microsoft. Frame rate is more important than resolution. The PS4 Pro, and likely Scorpio, prioritize incorrectly, because 4K makes a better bullet point.
    Sony prioritizes 4K because it sells TVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Sony prioritizes 4K because it sells TVs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    But the TV manufacturers, which Sony also is not coincidentally, have chosen to ride 4K

10. I dont know if you can make that argument. They all have 30 and 60 FPS games. BOTW can't even hold 30, and that's their big game, so I don't know what they learn from that other than "for this type of game, people don't care".