Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2017

1. 4K is a joke. And soon they'll "upgrade" to 8K. Meanwhile the streaming 1080P movies aren't anywhere near Blu-ray quality, and I can't be bothered to buy/rent Blu-ray discs.

Nintendo is nearing a two-generation graphical lag with the Switch. It'll clean up.
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 27 May 2017 at 01:49 PM.

2. Yea 4K is pretty bleh now. It's not even where HD was when the 360 came out.

I liked the Pro when it came out because a lot of games were doing supersampling but developers seem to have dropped that for some reason. Plus Sony is letting developers omit and even lie about support.

3. I'm not going to lie though, when I put Crysis 3 at 4K on my TV, it was glorious.

4. Scorpio will be a big boon for those with 1080p TVs (which is almost everyone), especially the die hard Xbox fan base. It's a huge leap in power over the One and games will have the best performance of any console at that resolution. One will be Minimum Specs, Scorpio will be Recommended and PC will be Ultra. They'll have everyone covered if they do this right.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Yea 4K is pretty bleh now. It's not even where HD was when the 360 came out.

I liked the Pro when it came out because a lot of games were doing supersampling but developers seem to have dropped that for some reason. Plus Sony is letting developers omit and even lie about support.
    Did Sony already give up on the Pro? I really like it so far, it's the reason I want to see the Scorpio. I like the different console tiers. If I want to spend more for a better experience I can and people that don't give a shit can spend less. Everyone wins.

Or we can all join the hive mind and get PCs.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Scorpio will be a big boon for those with 1080p TVs (which is almost everyone), especially the die hard Xbox fan base.
    You're making the massive assumption that developers are going to let users choose video settings. Very few do on PS4 Pro. Without that, the best you're going to get at 1080p is 4K downsampled at 30fps.

Gross.

8. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Gross.
    Horizon looks pretty damn awesome downsampled at 30fps
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

I'll take your word for it. I've never see it in any 16:9 resolution or under 60fps.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    You're making the massive assumption that developers are going to let users choose video settings. Very few do on PS4 Pro. Without that, the best you're going to get at 1080p is 4K downsampled at 30fps.
    MS has to come out swinging. The best thing they can do is to tell developers to go for it. Scorpio should default to 60fps in this scenario. I think MS sees what's happening with the Pro and doesn't want their 2017 hardware to be hamstrung by their 2013 hardware. They're behind, they need it to sell. Otherwise, what's the point in putting all of this time and money into this project? How are they going to sell a $500 box otherwise? They deliberately waited a year for a higher tech jump for a reason. This thing will be future proof for the living room. Buy it now with your 1080p set and you have the best version of third party games (I think they'll show off a new IP, maybe 2 if we're lucky). When you get a 4k TV, just plug it in and you have a ton of content ready to go. Already have a 4k TV? That "Native 4k!" on the side of the box is for you. Oh, and any Play Anywhere title you have will let you download the 4k texture pack for free (which is already on PC so there's no more investment in time or money needed). Throw down the gauntlet, do everythng the Pro didn't do from the start and isn't doing now. That's what Sony did when they followed up the One announcement with the PS4. It worked.

MS has to be laser focused on the pitch for this thing. 4k doesn't present well on a live video stream. Have that shit running at 60fps at 1080p with more effects so people can see the difference. Tell the in house audience that, when you play these games on the show floor, it's in 4k. Put up 4k videos on Youtube during the week for the best presentation possible for those with the bandwith and monitors. Keep it light on talking about tech numbers no one cares about or understands and just say "this is what it looks like with the worlds most powerful console" and let that game footage roll. No dumb, tone deaf celebrities in sight. Sony figured out how to do an E3 presentation last year, copy that model.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 27 May 2017 at 08:18 PM.