Thread: Kunio-kun / River City Series

Kunio-kun / River City Series

Following up the excellent Tokyo Rumble from last year, Natsume has announced two new River City games:

Quote Originally Posted by @Natsume_Inc
    Kunio is going seriously medieval in RIVER CITY: KNIGHTS OF JUSTICE (Nekketsu Mahou Monogatari)!
    Transformed into heroes & villains at home in any RPG, Kunio & friends use swords, staves, and even magic to bring peace back to Riverandia!
    Knights of Justice launches exclusively on the 3DS eShop this Summer in North America/Europe, & will be playable at the Natsume E3 booth!

Quote Originally Posted by @Natsume_Inc
    Time for a showdown! Kunio has 3 days to unravel mysteries like why Ricki’s girlfriend was kidnapped (AGAIN) in RIVER CITY: RIVAL SHOWDOWN!
    River City: Rival Showdown (Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari SP), an upcoming 3DS title with local multiplayer coming to North America & Europe!
    Take on familiar faces from the River City series & meet new ones in a fast-paced beat-'em-up RPG - Rival Showdown is playable at E3 2017~
    I still want to know where the localized version of the Famicom collection is though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There are too many unlocalized games in the collection for that to happen. The feudal japan one, the fighting game, the hockey game, the basketball game, etc.

My head knows that, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

edit: The OP is suffering from the blank edit bug, but I'd be remiss if I did not link one of my favorite HG101 articles in this thread.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 30 May 2017 at 09:05 PM.

Knights of Justice is out today!

edit: It's $15, which is frankly less than I was expecting.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 20 Jun 2017 at 02:09 PM.

5. Oh, that takes it from "hmm..." to "maybe I'll get some eShop credit for it in a week or so"

River City Melee: Battle Royale is coming to Steam on the 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Wire
    The bundle will bring together 11 Japanese Kunio-kun games and 4 of their western counterparts – Renegade, River City Ransom, Super Dodgeball and Crash’n the Boys. The NES/Famicom classics will also be updated to support online play.

Whether we’ll see World Classics launch in the west is unclear at the moment, though with the Switch’s region free capabilities it should be relatively easy to import when it launches in Japan next year.
    Link

edit: The official site lists PC, PS4, and One versions as well.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 20 Sep 2017 at 05:57 PM.

8. Neat!

I'd love to play a version of "Technos Samurai" that doesn't slow down to dogshit, I hope they hook that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!