Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ARMS (NS)

ARMS (NS)

Finch threatened to make this but didn't follow through, so here we are.

I'm in the same camp as Joust. It looks to be a well made game that just doesn't capture my interest at all.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 15 Jun 2017 at 08:02 PM.

2. Tain said it's good so y'all have to like it now.

I want the motion controls to work for me, but right now they sure don't

3. I find it much more enjoyable to just use the buttons instead of the motion controls. I hate volleyball but like a lot of the other modes.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

I'm still fully in the motion controls are garbage camp. Don't really have any interest in this game. =[

5. It's fine if everyone else has no interest

But you Mzo

I expected better.

6. lol yeah I liked the few matches I played today. The motion controls are a little more reliable than I expected but they're still pretty weird.

Thankfully, it seems like the gamepad covers all the functionality that the motion controls do, which is a relief since I was afraid of traditional controls being secondary for this game. I was worried about curving the punches with the gamepad, but I'm pretty sure that they function kinda like Virtua Tennis regardless of input method: your character is stationary during the punch and during that time it uses your movement input as the trajectory.

All in all I'm not as pumped for this as I am other similar games coming out (Gundam Versus PS4, Senko no Ronde, that Virtual On anime tie-in game please be good), but I like the theme and it seems easy to get into and it'll have a big ol playerbase.
    Last edited by Tain; 03 Jun 2017 at 10:48 PM.

7. The best part of the game is the announcer. Whip up a game for that guy plz.

8. Nintendo was giving out this pin today:

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. I'm am 100% in for this, hopefully it's up on the eShop at 9pm Pacific tonight.

The first Testpunch weekend, I was out of town so I played with the individual Joy Cons, and it worked well. But then I was able to use the Pro Controller on the second Testpunch weekend and the game sings with it. If only block could be mapped to the L button, and thus relegate the R button only to Super activation, it would be even better.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I'm am 100% in for this, hopefully it's up on the eShop at 9pm Pacific tonight.

The first Testpunch weekend, I was out of town so I played with the individual Joy Cons, and it worked well. But then I was able to use the Pro Controller on the second Testpunch weekend and the game sings with it. If only block could be mapped to the L button, and thus relegate the R button only to Super activation, it would be even better.
    I went the JPN Amazon route, Lily has been playing it since 4 today and we got ¥500 off Splatoon 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk