Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: June Edition

1. A big thanks to KOF for picking up this cool Donkey Kong shirt for me.

The mail package looked like a birthday gift.

Here's the front of the shirt.

And here's the back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Good week.

Went on my first NES Craigslisting in two years, came away with three sealed games and a complete Terminator (damn this game is awful, at least as bad as the SNES rev). Woman selling the stuff said her deceased brother had a ton of NES stuff in storage, told to her text me if anything else came up. Also ran across two portable titles I'd been looking for, Super Mario Maker and controllers were from a garage sale.

IMG_2743.JPG

On Facebook found a parent ditching their college kid's Lego Black Pearl, no clue what pieces are missing but it seems real and not one of the knockoffs floating around Aliexpress.

IMG_2744.JPG

3. What is the deal with parents pawning off their kids stuff while they are away at college?

My parents moved while I was attending tech school in Phoenix. I ended up losing my Star Wars trading cards, along with the 1st issue of the original EGM.
    Last edited by gamevet; 10 Jun 2017 at 10:45 PM.

4. My friends Mom garage saled his cherished Jetfire complete in box. Cold.
    Last edited by Low; 10 Jun 2017 at 10:10 PM.

Brutal.

6. My parents threw out so much of my stuff when they decided to sell their house and gave me no notice. If I have to guess, they are probably over $5k worth of stuff.

Some parents are like that. They have a very warped and stupid relationship with money.

My parents have been pretty good about it. They kept just about everything.

Though I'm starting to get threats from my dad.

It really makes you wonder though. Some parents think they forever have ownership of the toys because they bought them. Emplying they don't understand gifts.

Others only place value on a limited number of things like cars or houses or fishing gear or something like that. They never stop to research the value of things outside of their own likes or traditional investments.

And some are just stupid. They value nothing. Are horrible with money and resorces. These are the types that will forever be poor. Because they waste everything. Not being a vessel of entropy is just too hard.

9. Just imagine what it will be like when you're a parent.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

My parents kept everything of mine through multiple moves. I've gotten most of it, but they still have a few things, since they have a basement, and I don't. I will absolutely keep everything of my daughter's until she is ready to make her own decisions about what to do with it as well.