Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 57891011 LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: June Edition

1. Damn straight.

2. Neo is great, no doubt about that! It's one my favorites, along with Ninja Golf (now THERE'S a game that needs a remake).

3. I absolutely love the Golf Club. You literally have access to hundreds of thousands of courses. Of course there is going to be a lot of trash, but the filter and rating system makes it pretty easy for the cream to rise to the top. It's pretty realistic/simplistic with no leveling up or powers/specials, so it is just straight up golf. My uncle and I play online a ton and enjoy it just as much as when it first came out.

2 comes out next week, but we went ahead and got it pre-loaded. It looks like they have added some nice features and the great thing is all courses from the first once can be updated and uploaded to this one.

4. I dropped by a couple of Half-Price Books stores yesterday, and picked up some cool stuff on the cheap.

I found this Galactic Civilizations 2 for $5 at the McKinney location.

The Dallas location near Greenville avenue had a clearance bin with the Atari Flashback 7 (no controllers) selling for $10 and Mech Assault selling for $2. X3 for the PC was being sold for $5.

Attached Images Attached Images

5. I love the Flashbacks. Did Atari ever cough up a announcement as hinted?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    I love the Flashbacks. Did Atari ever cough up a announcement as hinted?
    The only thing that has been confirmed is that it is PC based.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/06/16/ataribox/

7. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    I love the Flashbacks. Did Atari ever cough up a announcement as hinted?
    I think that this one should be called Atari cash back. The controller port has really thin pins that barely make contact with the controller; I had to constantly reseat it. Then when I tried Astrosmash, the rocks were falling at an insane pace. I don't think that I chose a more difficult level with the game, so I'm thinking it's an emulation issue.

I'll try using a Genesis pad, to see if it seats better. I may have to replace the port pins if it doesn't.

Another AtGames winner!

9. I picked up Sonic CD, Transistor, Double Dragon Neon, and Devil Daggers on Steam. Not bad for $10.

10. I picked up The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds at Walmart for $20.
    2D Zelda was never really my thing, but I've heard good things, and the gameplay mechanic is eerily reminiscent of a recurring dream I had as a child, so I had to check it out.