Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I use this teapot? (Asian manufacture)

1. How do I use this teapot? (Asian manufacture)

A friend was about to throw this away so I grabbed it, but I'm not entirely sure what I need to do with it. The two portions stack on top of one another and I'm thinking I put tea leaves in the metal filter on the bottom part and pour hot water into the top part but it's odd that it has two spouts and a lid for the bottom part. Can anyone clarify?

01: A base to place the pieces on
    02: The top part
    03: Inside piece of the top part
    04: The bottom part
    05: The metal filter in the bottom part

Thanks, TNL folks, for any info you've got.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The only thing I know for sure is that at least one of the spouts goes in your butt.

Yeah, stick it up your ass.

4. It's what your mom would do.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Cool bong, dude.

6. Attached Images Attached Images
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. The leaves go in #3, hot water in #4, bottom metal thing is a strainer

No wait, maybe bottom metal goes on #3

i dont know
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. take off and nuke the entire site from orbit

9. I'll admit, the post title and content seem like trolling so thanks for the appropriate responses. Doc wins, though, since he knows my heart so well. But I'm actually not trolling. I tried using the Google translate app to see if it could give me any insight into what's written on the box but no go. I hate to leave it sitting when I could be all kawaii brewing tea and such.

Of note, I did attempt to stack and pour from the top to the bottom but it was very weak. That metal strainer isn't big enough to hold more than a 1/2 teaspoon of tea leaves and the water passes through it too quickly. This might, of course, be why someone didn't want it.

Of other note, I used my coffee grinder to grind up the tea leaves and put them into my Keurig clone, since it came with a stainless steel pod thing. That brewed fine. I'm trying not to let technology win.