Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anthem (PC, PS4, One)

1. This game is being made by the original Mass Effect dev team in Edmonton. They gave up working on ME to do this. I mean, before swooping in and saving some of the day for Bioware Montreal at the last second.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I suspect I'll see that "gameplay" video again, splitting the screen with inevitably less impressive E3 2018 footage of actual gameplay on YouTube.

This will be the next No Man's Sky.
    Or Watch Dogs. Or The Division. I think the issue here is less that it has an impossibly grand vision and more that this is clearly a scripted bullshit vertical slice that doesn't represent any kind of real gameplay.

Which doesn't mean the game won't be good. The pedigree is reason enough for some faith. It just won't look like this.

My anticipation just went up a little:

Quote Originally Posted by PCGamer
    Drew Karpyshyn spent 12 years at BioWare, working on as a designer and writer on everything from Baldur's Gate 2 to Star Wars: The Old Republic, and of course the first two Mass Effect games, on which he served as the lead writer. He left in 2012 but returned in 2015, saying that he was going back to work on The Old Republic.

Earlier this year, however, Karpyshyn acknowledged that he was working on a new game.
    Link

I wish it were single player though. I have had no luck finding non-randoms to play anything on Origin.

4. Can we all agree on a system to play this on?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Pee cee

I shit canned Plus, so I'm certainly not playing it anywhere else.

7. Ugh, are Xbone and PC cross play and Play Anywhere? I'd rather play it on my TV than my computer room.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I guess cross play is possible, though I would think we would have heard that during Microsoft's presentation.

9. To be fair, they probably have 18 months to announce that.

Now that you mention it, I didn't pay any attention to a date. I assumed it was sooner than that, simply because it appears intended to compete with Destiny 2.