Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball FighterZ (PC, PS4, One, Nintendo Switch)

1. It definitely looks great from what I've seen.
    The Dragon Ball Z cartoon always seemed dumb and silly to me, but as a fightman game, it makes sense.

2. It’s really a gorgeous game. I haven’t purchased yet but I spent the evening playing it.

My initial hesitation is that I could pick up any character and the supers and auto combos all worked the same. I’m not seeing any obvious playstyle changes per character, but someone better at fighting games could probably tell me it’s there and I wouldn’t argue.

But yeah, this is the game that I dreamt about as a kid. The graphics are amazing, there is a ton of fan service, and the mechanics are solid. Arcsys could just make anime fighting game adaptations for the next decade and people would love it.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. All the commands are the same for every character, but that makes it a lot less intimidating compared to other tag team fighters. That said, move sets are different enough that they don't all play the same, and there are different tactics for different characters, it's just not like one uses charging attacks and one uses circles.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Arcsys could just make anime fighting game adaptations for the next decade and people would love it.
    I want an ASW Jojo game so bad. (And hey, if Bamco is satisfied with the partnership for DBFZ, it could happen!)

Of course what I really want is for them to make that Jojo game, and then make the greatest crossover fighter since MvC2: Jojo's Bizarre Persona Arena. That's... probably considerably less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. The game is incredible but holy shit the implementation of EVERYTHING is clumsy as fuck. Give me a god damned menu to select what I want to do.

6. I don't haaate the lobby as a menu but not being able to warp to a friend's ring match is bullshit

7. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    I don't haaate the lobby as a menu but not being able to warp to a friend's ring match is bullshit
    Just let me invite, dude. Just let me invite.

no

9. I mean honesssstttllllyyyyy, it's like half the characters are pretty much the same. A lot of special moves have almost no use in netural, which means in the real game it doesn't really matter you have them. Tons of normals have insane amounts of overlap in function/hitboxes. I'm a big arcsys guy, but that is certainly there. There are a few standouts though, Cell, trunks, 16 all play fairly different from the rest (because surprise! Their special moves work in neutral).

That's really it, if your dude has a bunch of moves that only really exist in combos, he is going to survive on his basics, which in this game boil into much the same thing because there is not great differentiation of hitboxes compared to other fighters.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

10. I'm sure they'll fix that in Dragon Ball Fighter ZZ\=Re:fresh:+