Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Dragon Ball FighterZ (PC, PS4, One, Nintendo Switch)

1. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I cannot for the life of me figure out the back and forth of this game. It seems like it’s never “my turn” so to speak. I block through a string and end up eating their next combo when I try for a jab. I love the presentation, and I’m not having a bad time, but the lobby stuff is The Worst. Why does Arcsys insist on this bullshit?
    The reason is because "your turn" takes much, much, much longer than almost any other fighter. First, there are almost NO frame advantage moves, but everything can be staggered into the next move. So it goes like this, L, L, stagger M, stagger H, stagger S, call assist 1, L, L, stagger M, stagger H, stagger S, call assist 2, L, L, stagger M ect. You can see why 3 chains through takes forever.

Beyond that, at any point during those stagger moves, you can not do the next one and restart the chain. So like, L, L, stagger M, Stagger H, (let this move finish), L, L again. All mixups in this game after the opponent uses a down + M are weak, because everyone loses their low moves after that and you can just block high. At any point where you go back to the (A,A) part, the offense person could choose to throw or dash over crossup M which is somewhat ok.

Lastly, at any point you can call out a stagger with your reflect (back + S), but if they bait they get full combo. Still its the best defense in the game.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

2. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I do, but also, I can't get into GGXrd to save my life, either. Which is especially frustrating considering I played XX obsessively through college.

Maybe I'm just an official Old Man (tm) now.
    I feel you on this, I love the look and movement of Xrd and bought it early on but just can't get into it. I load it up sometimes and try doing some trials and get bewildered at the amount of moves they want you to remember. This DBZ game had me wetting my panties before it came out and I was convinced it was a Day 1 purchase, then I watched some full on matches and realized I'd rather just watch. Was tempted to grab it on the recent sale and still couldn't pull the trigger.