Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC, PS4, One, Switch)

1. I played the game a lot this weekend and it definitely not short. I feel like a woulda completed a CoD twice by now.
    I’ve been watching all the cinematics and have been enjoying them. The game deserves the good reviews it’s gotten.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

2. A significant plot point of the first game is that the Nazis reverse engineered some ancient jewish tech that turned the tide of WWII in their favor, which included some kinda super-concrete that they then used to quickly expand their monolithic empire. Clearly a deliberate choice, not some budget-related conspiracy theory shit.

That said, once you get to the US in this new one it does do some fun stuff with the time period.

3. I have to get this

4. I’m a few hours in (well into Manhattan) and it’s just like the first game but better. Dual wielding is much, much more effective now. There’s an actual point to it, especially now that you can wield two different guns at once. And the game forces you to improvise a lot more with the way the stages are put together. In the first game the best route was to usually stealth kill the commanders and then methodically kill everyone else, usually with a silenced pistol or long distance weapon. Now, because of layouts and enemy composition it’s much more difficult to do that. Also, health regeneration works a lot differently for plot reasons, forcing you to overcharge a lot more. It’s really good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. I beat this. There are some crazy cutscenes in this game, especially the Hitler one, that may be the best cutscene in 15 years?

Game was good. Not GOTY good but good. Prey still leads IMO. Mario next.

I forgot this came out, I still haven't finished New Order.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    A significant plot point of the first game is that the Nazis reverse engineered some ancient jewish tech that turned the tide of WWII in their favor, which included some kinda super-concrete that they then used to quickly expand their monolithic empire. Clearly a deliberate choice, not some budget-related conspiracy theory shit.

That said, once you get to the US in this new one it does do some fun stuff with the time period.
    Yes, jewcrete, a masterful gift of fiction. It totally did not take 2 blunts Anda pizza to come up with that critical mind blowing bit of world building.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I beat this. There are some crazy cutscenes in this game, especially the Hitler one, that may be the best cutscene in 15 years?

Game was good. Not GOTY good but good. Prey still leads IMO. Mario next.
    Just finished it too. Not GotY but it’s a good one. Pretty long and lots of stuff to still do once you see the credits. Craziest cutscenes/unplayable in game scenes ever maybe.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

9. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Just finished it too. Not GotY but it’s a good one. Pretty long and lots of stuff to still do once you see the credits. Craziest cutscenes/unplayable in game scenes ever maybe.
    You know you're playing something special when the playable dream sequences are LESS batshit than the unplayable plot sequences.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

One of my buds was telling me about some of the batshit crazy stuff going on in this game. I don't know when I'll play it but I ordered it since this is the kind of FPS I wish was released more often over the primarily multiplayer stuff we normally get. I might throw in New Order over the weekend and try to play through it so I can hurry up and get to the jam.