Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC, PS4, One, Switch)

1. Big budget games are in this uncanny valley, up-their-own-ass phase, it's really off-putting.

2. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC, PS4, One)

Is anyone else playing this?? It’s pretty friggin awesome! I’m enjoying the story stuff just as much as blasting Nazis. I was going to hold off playing through till I got a X, but I need to keep playing now that I started it.

It’s a sad day that these single player story driven games no longer sell well. Gamers today suck.
    Last edited by SamuraiMoogle; 28 Oct 2017 at 10:25 AM.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

3. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    It’s a sad day that these single player story driven games no longer sell well. Gamers today suck.
    They do sell well. It's just selling well isn't good enough for the publishers anymore - a game has to make all the money in the world (preferably on a continuing basis through microtransactions) or they don't consider it worth their while. They apparently don't realize the obvious truth that the market can only support a handful of CODs/Overwatches/GTAs, and trying to make every game be that is a fool's errand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Is this any better than the first, or does this one feel like escape from butcher bay too?

5. This one retains the same stealth mechanic and "base exploration" between missions. Although I didn't like the stealth, I think it isn't as annoying in this one. I really like the game so far, although admittedly the first level is kind of frustrating.

Does it do a better job of being period accurate? The previous two felt like laziness or cheapness or even fear of having to shut the project off and transform it into something else. Things had a very generic European feel. New blood being slightly better than the first.

Does it actually look like that period of the us? Or is it a bunch of generic chairs and cars and shit that could be anywhere at any time?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Does it do a better job of being period accurate? The previous two felt like laziness or cheapness or even fear of having to shut the project off and transform it into something else. Things had a very generic European feel. New blood being slightly better than the first.

Does it actually look like that period of the us? Or is it a bunch of generic chairs and cars and shit that could be anywhere at any time?
    The parts that try to be are pretty good that way. I guess I say that because the entire game doesn't take place in 'the world as we know/knew it'

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Does it do a better job of being period accurate?
    Nothing will ever be 'period accurate' enough for you. You're just jacking off in the wind.
    Boo, Hiss.

nazi zombie sniper elite was pretty period accurate.

Other than the zombie apocalypse.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post

It’s an alternate universe where the nazis won the war, it isn’t period accurate
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.