Thread: Doom VFR (PSVR, SteamVR)

Doom VFR (PSVR, SteamVR)

VR trailers don't really work, but the name is phenomenal. It's also only $30.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 12 Jun 2017 at 11:42 AM.

I don't think we're ready for Doom VR yet.

That actually looks fantastic. Looks like movement is done by dash or teleport.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    That actually looks fantastic. Looks like movement is done by dash or teleport.
    It's a snap-move. It's like a teleport, but instead of an instantaneous "blink" it movies you. Less disorienting. From Other Suns will have an option for something similar. Rec Room does too.

As someone who is comfortable with VR locomotion, I'd like the option for free move, and I'm happy Fallout 4 seems to have that.

5. I've gotten surprisingly comfortable with VR motion, currently playing To the Top with the only discomfort being from VR in summertime getting gross and sweaty. I'm hoping Rift is ignored rather than actively locked out, though.

6. I saw someone mention that this has locomotion options as well.

I'm definitely looking forward to this.

8. Well, I was afraid of that. Instead of just not caring one way or another if Rift users played the game, Bethesda locked them out. It's a cheap, petty, stupid move that puts players in the middle of a corporate pissing contest.

-edit- And Steam VR is updated to allow Doom VFR to work with the Rift. Or at least that's what they want you to think...
    Last edited by James; 01 Dec 2017 at 02:08 AM.