Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mario + Rabbids Kindom Battle (NS)

1. I prefer this game to XCOM. But then I'm a pretty casual gamer.

I played this co-op on Saturday and loved it. It's pretty basic in a great way. The story is absurd but the graphics are super up beat. Made me want to buy a Switch.

2. Is this and Mario Odyssey enough to persuade you to buy a Switch, or would you still hold off for a lower price point?

I think you're asking the wrong crowd, most of us already bought Switches.

4. Still not buying one. I'll wait for the New Switch XL
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Burn in that fire near you, Corey <3

6. Mario + Rabbids Kindom Battle (NS)

I got this, it’s cool but not REALLY like XCOM except the way it uses cover, but even then it’s different. In practice it plays very differently. I do like the changes in movement and using multiple abilities per turn - fits the game well.

7. What distinguishes it from XCOM in practice? Is there a more comparable game?

I've only seen a couple videos but it looked fairly XCOMmy aside from the obvious and crucial difference that you can see the whole map.

I really think the best word to describe it is...

CORE

9. I'm currently in World 4, having completed the chapters and challenges of the previous three worlds. This very well might be my favorite Switch game after Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I love it.

I haven't found the last character yet, but so far each character feels useful and capable yet distinct, and character progression/growth is appreciated as you further invest in their respective skill tree.

Also, Rabbid Mario is a boss.

10. Mario + Rabbids Kindom Battle (NS)

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    What distinguishes it from XCOM in practice? Is there a more comparable game?

I've only seen a couple videos but it looked fairly XCOMmy aside from the obvious and crucial difference that you can see the whole map.
    In reality quite a lot. Smaller squad of 3. You can fire move and use a special in one turn. Overwatch is a special with a cooldown for the guys who have it. You can move a lot more especially with team jump. This opens up the map and it means cover isn't as locked down as it is in XCOM as it's easier to flank in one turn. That said that game probably is the closest comparison.