Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Switch, PS4, One)Now with more Starfox!

Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Switch, PS4, One)Now with more Starfox!

I guess no one told Ubisoft that toys-to-life is over.

2. It's shocking how little anyone here even commented on this game. I went ahead and grabbed it and I'm very happy the Toys arn't needed to experience the full game. So far most people are saying the Switch version is pulling ahead and the gameplay is being compared to No Man's Sky without the fail involved.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. I’ve been in the toys to life game long enough to know this shit’ll be <$20 in a year.
    I can wait.

4. Switch is basically Star Fox lite, that's why people are buying that version (I would choose this version too if I was buying). But, basically what SSJN said.

5. I saw something about it and moved on. I’m more interested in the Elite game I just saw the other day for the PS4. I might check that out.

6. This looks boring as shit

7. I wanted this game to be great, and I guess it's good, but nothing about it stands out to me. It's crazy that the company that brought the personality of Beyond Good & Evil turned into a company that almost consistently releases games with little charm. I like how creative the worlds look in the game but the characters are super generic to me and turning me off from it. SSJN has the right idea, this will definitely be heavily marked down soon.

If I ever get a switch I'll probably nab this
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. I got it, and really like it. It's less No Man's Sky and more like a traditional open world game. There's a lot to do on every planet, and a whole 'galactic readiness' mechanic like Mass Effect that comes in early on. I was expecting something like No Man's Sky, and expecting it to play okay, but instead it's been a lot of fun. I think the way combat is handled helps - it's a more active, arcadey sort of experience.

My only real complaint is that like other open world games, once you know all the flavors of activities, it can feel redundant taking back bases, blasting out hives, scanning wreckage, or killing planet bosses. It hasn't stopped me from playing a whole night away, or just an hour before I overdo it. Something about the feeling of movement and look is...relaxing? Even when the gameplay is redundant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I got it, and really like it. It's less No Man's Sky and more like a traditional open world game. There's a lot to do on every planet, and a whole 'galactic readiness' mechanic like Mass Effect that comes in early on. I was expecting something like No Man's Sky, and expecting it to play okay, but instead it's been a lot of fun. I think the way combat is handled helps - it's a more active, arcadey sort of experience.

My only real complaint is that like other open world games, once you know all the flavors of activities, it can feel redundant taking back bases, blasting out hives, scanning wreckage, or killing planet bosses. It hasn't stopped me from playing a whole night away, or just an hour before I overdo it. Something about the feeling of movement and look is...relaxing? Even when the gameplay is redundant.
    It's good to hear someone else is having fun with this. Was getting depressing with most of the replies being "I'll wait for it to hit the bargain bin" lol
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL