Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Switch, PS4, One)Now with more Starfox!

I really need to get this.

2. What other non-official star fox mac cloud games are there?
    Pretty sure than can be only one.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    What other non-official star fox mac cloud games are there?
    Pretty sure than can be only one.
    Well it's the whole idea that this is a game with Starfox that was added because Nintendo. The thing is they did a damn good job adding him along with a storyline and his supporting characters, it might as well be called Starfox: Battle for Atlas.

Coupled with the great controls, beautiful environments and decent voice acting. I'm sure both Nintendo and Ubisoft were surprised how well this did compared to the other console versions of this game. I'd say maybe you gentlemen waiting for this to hit the cheap bin should maybe give it a second thought. You might actually have fun with this.

P.S. I admit that I love the Arwing Toy.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 23 Oct 2018 at 11:40 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. That's fine and dandy, but didn't answer the question.
    Answer the question BK.

5. I mean, people talk about fox.
    People say he's had his day.
    He's a fox that will go far.
    Fly to the moon and reach for the stars.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    That's fine and dandy, but didn't answer the question.
    Answer the question BK.
    If you mean what other non-official Starfox game there is I would say this is the 1st one. I mean we could talk about how the last official Starfox game left a huge bad taste in a lot people's mouths with that shitty control gimmick. So now that we're playing Starlink done by a company that isn't Nintendo, We get a solid game with an amazing level of control which honestly is what everyone wanted. Gimmicks are fine imo but Nintendo shouldn't have tried to "Force" it on people with Starfox Zero and gave players the option for a traditional control system.

Thinking more on this as well I see Starfox in this game as what I would have hoped Nintendo would have done with Starfox. Almost all of his games have been "Rail-Shooters" for the most part so playing as Fox in Starlink and being allowed to move around in any direction you want with arcade style shooting feels like a natural progression for what Starfox as an IP should have been.

I hope if anything Nintendo and Ubisoft keep working together. They've so far scored two for two with the Switch. *Rabbids being the other game.*

P.S. you're not the boss of me!

P.P.S. I forgot to mention Starfox Adventures on Gamecube. Even tho it's an official game I would say that loosely since it's not a shooting but an action platformer that was reskinned by Rare off a game originally called Dinosaur Planet.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 23 Oct 2018 at 01:12 PM.

7. Treasure

So was at Best Buy with a friend today with him while he was looking for some Google stuff. I came across the Nintendo section with a huge shelf full of NES Class and SNES Classic systems and a wall full of official NES controllers. It was nice seeing Nintendo finally stuck to their word and flooded so many stores with this so that any person can just walk in and buy one.

At the bottom of the shelf in a fancy display case I saw a set of Starlink toys. I had only briefly looked at them online but surprised how cheap the main ship toys were at only $24.99. I've been playing the game off and on a lot during my downtime from work so I told my friend I was looking at these and he's like.. "Yeah my Bestbuy Discount club things ends at the end of this month." So I said fuck it and grabbed this....

It came out to about 20 bucks with his discount so I think this was a good pickup.

I might grab the others before the month is out just because the designs really hit me from the early 80s in terms of cool looking toys when I was a kid.

8. So this thing gets repetitive in a lot of the same ways every open world game does. If you want to get it, I'd say playing a bit each time you time to is better than waiting for a day off where you can marathon it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.