Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Switch, PS4, One)Now with more Starfox!

1. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    It's good to hear someone else is having fun with this. Was getting depressing with most of the replies being "I'll wait for it to hit the bargain bin" lol
    Honestly, I've been trying more to save money on games this year, so it's been a matter of getting things on discount a lot. But when I do buy new, it has to be either for great reviews and/or projects I just believe in and want to encourage more of.

Like, Starlink may not be a 10/10 (7 or 8 though?), but I want them to succeed with this idea and keep at it. On the other hand, no one at Ubi will shed a tear if I wait for AC Odyssey to be $10. So I wait on one, and splurge on the other, you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. If the toys aren't necessary, what's the point of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Honestly, I've been trying more to save money on games this year, so it's been a matter of getting things on discount a lot. But when I do buy new, it has to be either for great reviews and/or projects I just believe in and want to encourage more of.

Like, Starlink may not be a 10/10 (7 or 8 though?), but I want them to succeed with this idea and keep at it. On the other hand, no one at Ubi will shed a tear if I wait for AC Odyssey to be $10. So I wait on one, and splurge on the other, you know?
    I'd rather play a weird 8 game than a "AAA" game.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

4. "AAA" is the sound of me yawning at million dollar cutscenes and patronizing tutorials.

5. As part of the minority that enjoyed No Mans Sky this has been on my radar. I almost wished Nintendo just brought it from Ubi Soft as it sounds like the characters and story are a bit weak, a complete Star Fox makeover wouldn’t have disrupted much.

Dumb question, can the Switch version play in portable mode? Just asking with regard to swapping out parts and characters.

6. Yes it can.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    If the toys aren't necessary, what's the point of them?
    Because...toys?

I never bought into the other toys-to-life games out there, but it seems like a no-win situation from the get-go. Make the toys too integral, people complain that it's 'physical DLC' - make it as accommodating as possible and people don't see the point.

The only discernible difference in Starlink between toy and digital is that toys allow you to change parts on the fly. Although if you don't like that, you can change the options so that removing a part auto-pauses so you can take time to swap.

The flexibility in physical/digital support is nice. Especially on Switch - since you don't need to read in figures after their first use, you can play in portable mode fine. The pause menu can handle changing parts, ships, and pilots either way.
    Last edited by Hero; 22 Oct 2018 at 03:36 AM.

8. That wasnt a snarky question, I was wondering if it was like a f2p deal where, yeah, you dont HAVE to buy the toys but if you do then X happens.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    That wasnt a snarky question, I was wondering if it was like a f2p deal where, yeah, you dont HAVE to buy the toys but if you do then X happens.
    Nah, like I said - it just lets you swap stuff without pausing. Outside that, the digital and physical versions are precisely the same.

So if you think this sounds interesting, minus toys, you could get everything digitally for $80.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Nah, like I said - it just lets you swap stuff without pausing. Outside that, the digital and physical versions are precisely the same.

So if you think this sounds interesting, minus toys, you could get everything digitally for $80.
    What's funny about this is the UK sales chart on this game is pretty on point how much a popular Nintendo character can do for a new IP. The Switch Sales of Starlink is at a total of 83% overall units moved compared to the fact the PS4 and Xbox One Versions hardly selling at all. I should be surprised but I'm not. Everyone's saying this is the best non-official Starfox game made to date. lol

I've been enjoying this game more then I thought I would. I might opt in and get the added weapons since they're all cheap but overall this game plays smooth as silk.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 23 Oct 2018 at 11:42 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL