Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 689101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter World (PC, PS4, One)

Played all weekend, I love it. There are a lot of small things that are annoying, but hopefully some of it will get patched (online flow mainly).

Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    I've been playing it solo, cause I have really bad anxiety and voice chat scares me.

But I have no one to play it with so I feel I'm missing out on some of the fun.
    Playing the first half solo might even be the best way to learn, so you're fine. If you want to practice playing online, commitment free, try joining an SOS mission for a monster you already know. After the load, likely the monster will already be started, so you can jump in, help, and afterwards, just wave and go back to your own session. I've never heard anyone on voice chat on SOS, there's no expectation for it in a random group.

Jed, the menus are terrible in MH, and I'm pretty sure every one is made by a different person/team. But you will always be able to get to whatever info you are looking for, buried in there somewhere.

Chux, you're crazy I think the load times are terrible. I can't imagine they're that much better on the one?

For anyone playing for the first time, my advice is ask lots of questions. Not just about weapons and monsters, ask about the systems and menus. MH is all about players vs the obtuse game.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

2. Loading times aren't that bad, but that's probably cause it does most of the loading while you are waiting to be able to depart and can still walk around and use the menus.

3. PROTIP: make sure to visit the Chief Ecologist every single time your Research Level goes up for a particular monster (i.e. every time it tells you to check in with the Ecological Research team after a hunt). Otherwise, your Research Levels will not advance. Don't worry, it keeps track of all of the research you do for each monster even if you don't check in after each hunt, but if you don't talk to him you won't get the benefits. He's the guy sitting on the pile of books on the first level, just to the left of the Botanist and just above and to the right of the Biologist (the guy who stands in front of the monster pen, next to the last monster you captured). I didn't figure this out until quite a few hours in and I noticed other people having the same problem.

The Monster Guide shows monster weaknesses, elemental weaknesses, loot tables AND frequency of loot drops, so it's definitely worth your while to do this.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    Chux, you're crazy I think the load times are terrible. I can't imagine they're that much better on the one?
    On the X, they're a bit better.

The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. Yeah, it’s pretty zippy on the internal HDD. I know Xbox killed everyone’s dog and stole their wife, but the X has some sort of voodoo magic.

I have the original PS4, and didn't consider all of the differences for sure, the pro, X and SSDs.

I guess I have a lot of time to read all those tips!
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

7. Man, they really don't hold your hand in the crafting, do they?

I played a little of 4 on 3DS and liked the idea, but the controls were the worst thing ever.

In this, you're just kinda poured into the Rufio hideout from Hook after a continent attacks your ship, and let go to hunt mons. I appreciate the impenetrability of this whole endeavor. We'll see how it lasts. abandonist on PSN
    Last edited by icarusfall; 03 Feb 2018 at 11:00 PM.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Why aren't we talking about this?

What weapons are you using? What armor? How far along are you? Hardest hunt?
    Boo, Hiss.

9. ​I don't have the game yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Best game. I'm all Charge Blade, all the time but may branch out. They've cut out SO much chaff and made it far easier to support changing out your weapons.

I'm about to hunt Rathalos on PS4. If anybody sees me on and wants to hunt, throw me a message.