Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter World (PC, PS4, One)

Monster Hunter World (PC, PS4, One)

This had to have taken a little wind out of Nintendo's sails.

2. I guess this is directed by the planner of MH4? I thought it might be a total outsourcing when I first saw the vid, lol. Hope it's good.

They haven't shown enough to know exactly what's going on with that sparkly shit. Remember the trailer for MonHun 4 looked crazy but in the end the faster climbing and mounting made it one of the best MonHuns ever.

4. Quote Originally Posted by From Capcom
    Monster Hunter: World introduces a living, breathing ecosystem in which players take on the role of a hunter that seeks and slays ferocious beasts in heart-pounding battles that unfold across the vast ever-changing terrain.
    Retaining the series’ skill based progression and robust crafting system, players gear up to venture on quests to seek and slay monsters, progressively improving their skills to become the ultimate hunter. Loot collected from fallen foes can be used to create new equipment and armor upgrades styled after the monsters they’ve slain, allowing hunters to survive the elements and defeat the tougher opponents that await them.
    Monster Hunter: World delivers a seamless gameplay experience allowing players to move freely across map areas that comprise the living ecosystems and dynamically transition from day to night. The landscape and its diverse inhabitants play a critical role in each quest as players strategically use the surrounding environment including terrain, vegetation and wildlife to their advantage in battle or become hindered by the hazards they present. Hunters must use their cunning and abilities to track and maneuver their targets throughout the intense, evolving battles.
    With flexible online multiplayer options and an accessible quest structure, players can tackle challenges alone or join up to three other hunters online for cooperative play. For the first time in the Monster Hunter™ series, players from Japan and the west can play together online, providing an expanded base of cooperative hunting companions. With the new online drop-in functionality, solo players can hail for assistance from the worldwide group during quests when their opponents are too daunting to take on single-handedly.

5. Hope they don't nerf Palicoes! Those were a lot of fun to play in MHX.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. Uhh..you should probably hope they don't remove playable palicoes entirely.

Just kidding, they already confirmed it's hunter only.

7. Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post
    Uhh..you should probably hope they don't remove playable palicoes entirely.

Just kidding, they already confirmed it's hunter only.
    FUCK THIS GAME
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. Hey, don't worry buddy. You'll always have XX.

https://twitter.com/SocksyBear/statu...67706716852224

Err...

9. https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunt...er_on/div4izx/
    A 4:56 video that shows a bit more extended footage of the things we've already seen.

Monster Hunter: World is not a spin-off.

Monster Hunter: World was worked on by the main development team in Japan.

You can play offline.

Fishing, mining, and capturing bugs still in the game.

All 14 weapon types confirmed in the game.

Tails still cuttable.

Hunt, Carve, Forge loop is still there.

Still has the same rewarding and challenging gameplay.

Health, stamina, potions, sharpness still present.

Sound still plays after making a good well done steak.

Targeting locked 30FPS across all platforms(referring to console).

The game uses the MT Framework. Maybe PC as well, weird wording in this one.

Insect Glaive will be in the game.

When asked about Hunter Arts, response was "Brand new title. Brand new gameplay systems in place!"

Separate maps, but zones are gone!

More clarification on maps/zones: "It's not open world game, but all the maps are massive and wide open, without any loading screens "

Charge Blade is in, Tonfa is not.

No underwater combat.

No Prowler Mode in Monster Hunter World.

Palicoes are in the game.

In-game voice chat is supported.

You can either choose to sneak past small monsters to avoid fighting them, or kill them to collect/loot their bodies. The world is "hella flexible."

Gestures will be present in Monster Hunter: World.

They are completely focused on World for the western markets, and Monster Hunter: World is once again confirmed as the next main title in the series.

After being asked if there will be a Monster Hunter 5 or a game for the Japanese audiences, they reply was: "This is the next generation of Monster Hunter!"

You can both do drop-in/drop-out co-op, or form a pre-hunt party in Monster Hunter: World.

I AM ROCK HARD!! i cannot wait. my pc will be a sexy beast by teh time this comes out.
    The sparkly shit looks like a replacement for psycoserum. actual tracking. I kind of hope styles come back in some form. i loved the different play styles they offered for the weapons. I really need to see what my Charge blade and Hammers and Switch Axe look like. i need to go change my pants.