Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter World (PC, PS4, One)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I've always wanted to try this series but never have, maybe I'll load up the beta and give it a shot.
    If you play, let's team up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

This sure is MonHun! Love the ResetEra thread. Too easy for vets, noobs still turned off by literally everything about the game.

I loved it. Super hyped for the final release as long as it has better options to play with friends.

3. Yeah, just played the three beta missions today and loved it. Hope I can rope a few more friends into the series with this one (PC release helps)

4. Gave it a shot, beat the Beginner mission and then timed out on the Intermediate after wailing on the dude for 15 minutes. I'm definitely not used to the control scheme, and starting off the day playing Bloodborne didn't help with that. I tried out a blade that had a shield and they could combine to become an axe which was pretty cool, also tried a long stabby sword that seemed to do no damage and I wasn't a fan. Movement seems good, although again it will take getting used to. Game looks real nice for sure, and I would be collecting a ton of stuff if there wasn't a time limit.

The time limit is usually a non-issue. It's down to 20 here because it's the same demo they used at some trade show or other.

6. I figured that was the case, which is why I can totally see getting into the official release. Being able to run around and collect the myriad shiny things is something I enjoy, and it looks like this game has lots of it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    This sure is MonHun! Love the ResetEra thread. Too easy for vets, noobs still turned off by literally everything about the game.

I loved it. Super hyped for the final release as long as it has better options to play with friends.
    Yeah, lol. Reading Twitter this seems to be the general sentiment. I loved it! Hardcore MonHun geeks like myself though are really digging the changes. Gaijinhunter really did a deep dive on some of the Hunting Horn changes and even did a nice little video explaining them.

There's a lot in the beta. There's a Rathalos nest in the Expert mission I haven't gotten around to slaying yet. But aside from that I beat the three missions with the great sword, light bowgun, and dual blades. Light bowgun has a new "wyvernblast" mine that works well against the monster in the second mission.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. I generally use sword and shield, gunlance, and X. This time it looks like X is switch axe.

9. I really like the demo! I don't think I've played an MH game where the frame rate doesn't take a shit as soon as things go crazy, I'm starting to think it's a feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I beat all 3 hunts solo and with John and his brother. Maybe the framerate dipped but I never noticed and it didn't affect my play.