Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 81011121314 LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter World (PC, PS4, One)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I'm playing this on PS4, and it's a pain in the ass to get items from broken parts. You can't carve either, because the idiots playing would rather capture than kill every single monster. It's infuriating.
    You should definitely use investigations to get rare parts like gems. Throw out every investigation you get that doesn't have at least one gold reward.

Carving is usually better to get things like gems, especially if you break as many monster parts as possible.

Make sure to do the limited bounties each week, too. You'll get a gold wyverian print that you can trade for the gem of your choice (except Deviljho gems).
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Ugh! The Debviljho is the one I need. Thanks for the tips, though. I'll definitely do that.

3. In case anyone who plays hasn't seen, the Spring event is up now. Basically all of the event quests from before have come back, so you can get any event armors if you missed them previously (HZD for PS4, Ryu, etc).

For any aspiring GS users, the fan created GS is also available in an event. It's very easily one of the best in the game, and looks pretty awesome.

A lot of other small things added, good event if you enjoy the game. Up for the next 2 weeks.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

4. I'm still cranking away at this, despite the cryptic nature of the entire thing. One thing I can't figure out is, why can't I do elder dragon investigations? I need one Vaal Hazak part, and some Xenojiva parts, but there aren't any investigations available, ever.

5. Investigations are randomly generated and given to you as you play the game, anything you do basically can give you an investigation (picking up tracks, breaking a part, cap, kill, etc). But it's basically random, meaning you could kill vaal and get an investigation for odogaron.

Since you've already fought vaal you can just SOS for a him, or if you want to fight him solo, you should have an optional quest for him in the 8* rank. If you need a fang+ by the way, you should do it solo, it's very hard to break his face for fangs before he dies in multiplayer.

There is a random Xeno optional quest that shows up similar to the Zora Magdaros quest. Watch the messages that pop up on the right side of the screen when you go back to town, to see if you have it. It's probably easier to just SOS for xeno though, hopefully you can find a group that way.

Hope that helps a bit. If your hunter rank is too low (below 13 I think?) you might not get elder investigations either, but since you mentioned xeno I assume that isn't stopping you.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

6. I think I wasn't getting any of the 8* quests, because I somehow never fought the Kirin. Weird. Anyway, fought him this weekend, and those quests finally started to show up. Finished up my Exterminator's Edge, and got the last piece of my XenoJiva armor, so it was a productive weekend.

7. Interesting, I guess fighting each elder is a requirement?

If you haven't done it yet, there is a low rank quest chain (speech bubble next to quests) where someone asks you to capture a few monsters. That leads to Kirin in low rank, beating that will get you a mantle. He's really easy to miss unfortunately.

And grats on the progress! I actually need some more xeno gems. He's been really stingy for me.
    Last edited by Darmonde; 09 Apr 2018 at 12:54 PM.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

8. Is anyone else doing the Kulve Taroth siege? It's a lot of fun! And the weapon drops and armor sets are pretty swank.

The Devil May Cry event quest is up until next week and is definitely worth checking out, too.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. Picked it up on the Golden Week Sale, just got to Coral Highlands. Not quite at limited time events level yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. The siege was fun the first 500 times I did it, not so much the last 500. I've been grinding for 2 glimstones and they refuse to drop. I swear this game knows when I'm trying to acquire specific parts.