Thread: Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4/Fall 2019)

1. Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4/Fall 2019)

Trails of Cold Steel III finally is on schedule for Fall 2019. So who's bringing it here? XSeed, right? No, it's NISA.
    I'm just hoping they treat it as well as XSeed did the first 2, with no fiasco like the one that happened with Ys VIII's launch.

I'm glad to know this, but what the hell happened to XSeed?

2. Didn't the president of Falcom flat out say that NIS got Ys VIII because they guaranteed release on more platforms than others could offer. Plus I thought I read that Ys VIII was the best selling Falcom game in the west. Regardless of the initial translation issues (not as bad as people made it out to be) the game still sold really well in the west and Falcom is probably happy about that. Considering how small Falcom is, a translation house than can also port their stuff to other platforms is probably a significant plus.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Yeah, I remember that also. So, we'll probably see a PC version as well. I wouldn't doubt that ports of this series someday make it to Nintendo Switch & Xbox One. A PC one should be great if they get Durante to work on it, like the first 2.
    I didn't find Ys VIII's original translation terrible... more like tolerable. While Ys VIII is in great shape now, something really big like Trails of Cold Steel III needs to be gotten right on release. If they have Varion translating it like I believe, that's good.

4. Something good...
    https://gematsu.com/2019/01/the-lege...working-on-iii

NISA does have some key staff from the 1st 2 games on this one. Brittany Avery is the Localization Producer & Freelance Editor. She'll help out with casting & recording. Kris Knigge, who had been involved with I & II, is an editor & consultant. Ryan Thomson is also there for translation/proofing.

Seems to me that there's nothing to worry about.