Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Kondo of Blood

1. Kondo of Blood

All of your games are going in the dumpster. Having this many games does not bring you joy. Yes, I'm talking about your Steam and PSN libraries, too. Dumpster. Yes, even your ROMs, legal and legal-adjacent. Dumpster.

Except for thirty of them. You may keep up to thirty games, digital or physical, that bring you joy.

What are those thirty games?

2. I'm moving IRL and you better believe I've been doing joy-sparking evaluations

but because of that I'm too lazy to come up with a list sorry

3. Scorched earth. I don’t tend to replay things.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Digital library does not bring me joy. It's just a list to scroll through, wheeee... Honestly, most of the gaming storefronts are terrible at presentation so it might as well be a spreadsheet for all it gets me to care. My physical game collection, on the other hand, does make me happy. These are things I choose to own and display, and the presentation is however I want it to be.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by James; 23 Jan 2019 at 02:26 AM.

5. I will start with Streets of Rage 1 and 2. These 2 I will keep.

6. Everything before 1995 goes on a Raspberry Pi, and that Kondo bitch can fight me if she says that's cheating.

7. Most of the games I play these days are from the 16-bit era anyway. All I need is some sort of computer and some USB controllers, and I'll be happy.

8. I will say that, in an unexpected turn, I kinda want to become a dedicated scaler guy now. Using an Analog Super Nt on an OLED is an extremely good experience. The screen size is massive, the image is great. If OSSC Freesync becomes a thing (maybe it already is) to go along with the OLED/MicroLED/whatever TVs with freesync that are around the corner, that would probably push me over the line and I'd finally ditch the behemoth CRT setup.

The physical game collection would stay, but in an ideally very trimmed state with the help of flash carts and solid-state optical drive replacements like GDEmu, PS-IO, etc.

9. Yeah, I'm tired of CRTs as well. All I have left is a 1084s, and even that is a nuisance to keep around.
    I'd definitely buy the Analog SNES and Genesis clones before I'd buy another modern console, that's for sure.

10. I love my PVM, you don't know what you are missing if you have never seen one in action.