Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1113141516 LastLast

Thread: Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

1. Galaxy 2 was cool, but yeah, this was the best one since 64 for me, easily. beat it a short while back & am looking forward to seeing whatever levels i missed soon!

i think my main thing in mario levels is variety, and the way the N64 one had that in spades & rewarded your exploration. being able to go from dire dire docks to penguin racing to boo ghost houses and pyramids really helped keep things from feeling same-y/monotonous. and i don't think any of the ones ive played since were nearly as good at changing things up like that. absolutely loved this game.
    http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif

2. I love the control in this game and I was pretty smitten with it for a couple of weeks. But looking back on it, I have some serious problems with the moons in this game; between most of them feeling like copy & pastes from world to world, to a severe lack of difficulty even after breaking open the silver boxes, to gating the end game to over 500 of them. I was initially happy with the open feeling of the game and how it doesn't kick you out after grabbing a moon, but after 300 of them I'm mostly disappointed in the actual moon content itself.

There's still a lot to love here buuuuuut I feel like if I were to go back and play Galaxy, I would find the level design and challenge much more compelling.

3. There’s too much dankey kang 64 in Odyssey for its own good.

4. I think getting a Moons is just an indicator of exploration, it was not really the main focus like Super Mario 64. I played through DK64 but can’t remember it for the life of me, or I can’t seperate it from BAnjo Kazooie and Tooie.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

5. The backlash has begun.

You should probably just mail all your Switches and Marios to me.

6. pfft. My backlash began a week after the game launched.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    pfft. My backlash began a week after the game launched.
    Yeah, I played it pretty solid for about a week, and have barely touched it since.
    Solid for a week for me is approaching 20 hours, according to my Switch.
    I tried to pick it back up this month, but the spectacle has worn off. It's like cola that's lost its fizz.

I ended up buying A Hat in Time to compensate, but for as imaginative as that game is, its camera and controls are hard to swallow.

8. How many total moons are in the game?

sorry if a dumb question

9. Including post game stuff the total is like 999. I think there's 880 that can be bought or found in the main game though.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. Thank you Sir!